Worth of this powerbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by akboarder24, Oct 21, 2004.

1. akboarder24 macrumors member

He has it marked at $1300 (has 9 of them), and already promised me atleast $1000 for it...any thoughts?

DETAILS:
    PowerBook G4/800 DVI (Digital Visual Interface) features an 800 MHz PowerPC 7451 (G4) processor (with AltiVec 'Velocity Engine' vector processing unit), a 512k on-chip level 2 cache, a 1 MB level 3 cache, 512 MB of PC-133 SDRAM, a 40 GB Ultra ATA/66 (4800 RPM) hard drive, a slot-loading 8X/8X/8X/24X DVD/CD-RW Combo drive and an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 (AGP 4X) video controller equipped with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM. The PowerBook G4 DVI series shares the same 1-inch thick Titanium case, full-size keyboard, and lightweight power adapter as earlier PowerBook G4 models, but adds faster PowerPC G4 processors with level 3 cache, a higher-resolution 15.2" TFT widescreen display (1280x854), a faster video controller with more VRAM, and a DVI port,Ac Adapter & battery included

[​IMG] [​IMG]

thanks,
    Ryan

2. RGunner macrumors 6502a

RGunner

I do not understand your post....

You first say he has 9 of them, at $1300 but has offered you $1000 for yours.

Are you selling or buying?

I have seen this picture before, just cannot remember where :)

3. akboarder24 thread starter macrumors member

I'm buying. He has someone who wants the whole lot., but would prefer to sell individually to make a little more. I am just wondering!

Ryan

4. RGunner macrumors 6502a

RGunner

if this is Ebay...

be very careful, I seem to recall looking at this picture (as previously noted) about 2 months ago. the 'pelican' case and dock is what caught my eye then, very odd that it is for sale once again, and there are 9 identical versions.

i do not believe :)

5. RGunner macrumors 6502a

RGunner

6. akboarder24 thread starter macrumors member

this is why I come to you guys for info. Thanks, I'll definitely pass on this one!

Ryan

7. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Sounds way too familiar and way too fishy.

SCAM ALERT!

8. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The listing shows the Mac as running OS 9. Clearly, the disks are for Panther. Also, the AppleCare shot is for a system bought in June of 2003. I believe the PBs were faster than the 800MHz listed by then, weren't they?