Worth selling a 20GB iPod Photo or just keep it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wangchunggti337, Mar 21, 2007.

1. wangchunggti337 macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

I have found myself never using my iPod, I'm really more of a Shuffle person. I like the fact that all I have to do is hit play, I usually don't look up specific albums when I'm on the go. So, I'm considering selling my Photo, but not sure it's worth it if the price is too low.

It's a 20GB iPod Photo. I have the box and all extras that came with it in great condition. I have been super anal about this iPod, it still has the plastic covering on the click wheel! :) I also put a screen cover on it the day I opened it. The back mirror part is still reflective with little to no scratches. I have kept it in an incase case all its life. I have an iTalk in the box that I never ended up opening. I also have firewire cables and charger and a dock for it.

I'm wondering what I could get for this bundle and if it's worth doing, as it is a couple generations old now.

Cheers,
    Jim

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

You could definitely snag a pretty penny for that still. 6 months ago (i know it seems long ago but it's about the same position as you are in) i sold my 4th Gen. 20GB in what seems to be about the same condition as yours with less accessories/protective stuff for $100 cash in 6 hours (posted on craigslist) and could have probably gotten more... so you could really see still catch some good dough for that if you get lucky.

3. wangchunggti337 thread starter macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

I should look to get 100ish then?

Any other evaluations?

4. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Yeah id say around 100 maybe 125 ish.

Good luck.
    :)

5. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

i think you could fetch $125 no problem, its worth way more than $100 especially with all your accessories, just the iPod is easily $125 if its as clean as you say. The $100 i said was for the monochrome not colored screen! (sorry if that was confusing).