Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Is it worth upgrading now or better to wait for a later version with all the issues which seem to be coming up?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Since this a forum, most posts are about people with problems. If you waited for a perfect system you would never update.

Update now. There are plenty of people who are perfectly happy with iOS7.

Last edited:

hrrslmpk

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2013
I have had nary a problem when I updated on my iPhone 5 or on this spangly new iPhone 5S lol

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
I am really liking the changes. The new icons took a few days to get used to and battery life was horrific at first. After turning off a few settings, I'm now (at least as of today) getting better battery life than I did on iOS 6. Heavy use, 7 hours and 15% left. Never got that on iOS 6 unless connected to WiFi all day (which I wasn't).

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
I haven't had any real problems on my iPhone 5. I used the opportunity to restore and set it up as a new phone (did not use a backup, just iCloud for calendar, mail and contacts).

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
I am really liking the changes. The new icons took a few days to get used to and battery life was horrific at first. After turning off a few settings, I'm now (at least as of today) getting better battery life than I did on iOS 6. Heavy use, 7 hours and 15% left. Never got that on iOS 6 unless connected to WiFi all day (which I wasn't).

Which settings did you turn off?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.