Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
I am thinking of getting a MBA, I usually have 1 or 2 apps open...so is it worth it?

I plan to use it for about 3-4 years, how long will it last before it starts to get slow due to software updates etc?

Cheers

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Definitely upgrade to 4 GB. If you don't upgrade anything else, make sure you do it, especially if you plan to use it for the next 3-4 years. 4 Gb is starting to be standard.

rovitotv

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2009
I highly recommend the 4 GB of RAM because it makes the MBA 11" perform so much better. Sometimes I perform some virtualization with VMWare Fusion and it works much better with 4 GB of RAM. I think since you are going to keep the machine for sometime I would recommend you select the 4 GB option.

mr3cho

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2011
Bangkok, TH
you may average 1-2 apps at a time but there may be times when you have 5-6 open. Also safari with flash install will at times gobble up more than 500k. $100 ... get the 4gb, you wont be able to upgrade in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.