Worth upgrading to WoW Burning Crusade yet? When?

Discussion in 'Games' started by bobber205, Jan 5, 2007.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

Nov 15, 2005
    I'm fairly new at BC, I'm still trying to get a char up to 60. :rolleyes:

Anyway, when do you think it's worth upgrading to BC?
  2. huck500 macrumors 6502

May 10, 2004
    Southern California
    Are you talking about WoW? You can't upgrade to Burning Crusades yet, anyway...it's out on the 16th, at least here in the US. There won't be much to do in the expansion until you're almost 60, unless you plan to start one of the new races, so there's no real reason to get it right away.
  3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i'm going to guess you're talking about WoW and the XPac Burning Crusade?

it all depends on what you want to do with the Xpac in my opinion. if you want to create a new char from one of the new races, get it. if you're 60 or close to 60. get it. if you just want it to have it and know that you'll get to it when you do. get it.

i'm in the last category. i doubt i'll get my toon up to 60 by the 16th, but i'm going to try the best i can. and actually i wouldn't want to be in Outland or the new starting zones for the first couple of weeks in any event. i can't imagine how packed and chaotic things will be.
  4. barr08 macrumors 65816

Aug 9, 2006
    Boston, MA
    I would wait. I hear the lines for Burning Crusade will be longer than the Wii lines. If you are less than 50, wait.
  5. michaelsaxon macrumors 6502

Nov 15, 2006
    I pre-ordered from Gamestop with next-day shipping, so I hope to both get it quickly and avoid the lines. We'll see...
  6. Kernow macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2005
    I was thinking exactly the same way. Recently when a large number of the EU servers were down for extended maintenance before the patch, I started a new character on one of the few that remained up. Almost everyone else had the same idea and there were hundreds of low level characters running around choking up the zones. It wasn't much fun.

Having said that, I probably will still buy it when it is released, but hold off on the new characters for a few weeks.
  7. blOOdNiNja macrumors newbie

Jan 5, 2007
    waiting is prob a good idea, the new races starting areas are gonna be swamped for awhile when the xpac first comes out anyway so starting a new char wii be near impossible