Worthless Post from Xp Switcher...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i4k20c, Jan 9, 2006.

1. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

Sep 10, 2005
    LOL, i know this is useless, but wow

so i encountered my first mac problem, was having a hard time connecting to my wireless router..did the airport help thingy.. and it works! lol.

I am loving apple so much latly! :)

but i do have a question. I wanted to transfer some of my files left from my windows machine to my powerbook? How would i go about doing this, i know someone told me before i can try, go>connect to server> smb://ipadress but it isn't working, even though i am able to connect to the internet, it says that is unable to connect or i may have a wrong password.
  2. i4k20c thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 10, 2005
    forget it, found my old thread about transfering files, going to try some of those sugestions first. not sure why the smb thing is not working, maybe because i set up a password on my router? but my pb is already online, so i figure it wouldn't matter.

o well, will have to try some harder methods. :eek:
  3. hyperpasta macrumors 6502a

Aug 1, 2005
    New Jersey
    Welcome to the Mac

Welcome to the world of Apple! Hope you enjoy it.
  4. neocell macrumors 65816

May 23, 2005
    Great White North
    I don't really know about switching files from a PC, but wouldn't you have to enable file sharing or something like that on the PC so your PB would be able to access them through the internet? Also is there a transfer wizard in OSX to bring your PC files over?

Apple info link