Would an Airport Express meet my needs?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jmort, Nov 10, 2005.

1. jmort macrumors member

Jun 10, 2005
    Southern CA
    I'm moving into a place that already has a broadband connection hooked up to a PC. Myself and another person have mac laptops w/ wireless. We wanted to hook up a wireless router to the broadband so that we could share the connection, but here's the issue: its a big house and I don't think a wireless router will have a strong enough signal to reach every place in the house. Would there be a way to network a couple of airport express' to boost the signal, or is there another alternative that would help us get the signal throughout the house?

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    according to the specs airport express only works with apple products, but it will work with buffalo products as well. the extending network thing isn't a universal standard, but the airport express has buffalo hardware so you are all good. that is not to say people haven't done it with other brands. might search the forums. however, i will say unless you really need to the airport express buying the same brand of wireless repeater and/or a bigger antenna would probably be the way to go.