Would Anyone?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by cmaracz88, Jan 9, 2004.

1. cmaracz88 macrumors member

Please tell me where to get a copy of the panther desktop? Or upload it themselves at 1024x768?

I'll give you $2 over paypal ;)

2. mms macrumors 6502a

What do you mean, a Panther desktop? Do you mean a screenshot?

3. cmaracz88 thread starter macrumors member

No, the default wallpaper/desktop image that comes with Panther.

4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I just uploaded it to my iDisk for you, just give it a minute or two to show up here

5. cmaracz88 thread starter macrumors member

:) Now I just have to resize it so it looks good. Know of any mac image resizers that are free? x.x

6. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Try downloading Graphics Converter, it's shareware but it's fully functional and should be able to resize for you, if you can't, I can resize it to any res you want and repost it or email it to you.

7. cmaracz88 thread starter macrumors member

Could you? I downlaoded that program, but you have to scale it by inches or cm, it'd take a long time of fooling around to get the right size.

Anyways if you could make it 1024 x 768 that'd be great. And either uplaod or e-mail to cmaracz@hotmail.com, whatever is easier for you. Sorry for the trouble, but it really doesn't look that good when it'd a bad size, and this is something I going to be starring at at least two hours a day.

8. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I just resized it for you, it's already synced with my iDisk so if you download it again it should be the new 1024x768 size now.

9. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

you can resize photos for export quite easily in iPhoto too ... why do you want the panther background?

i'm not trying to sell apple stuff here but if oyur not running it its really a worthwile upgrade

10. cmaracz88 thread starter macrumors member

Alright, thanks for doing all that G5 :)

And iPhoto is set to resize images at the same w to l ratio. Powerbook G5 is using some nice wide screen and it'll always turn out looking not too great. And I've had the Jaguar desktop for over a year, this one looks nicer.

11. Squire macrumors 68000

Squire

Is it just the "Aqua" look? I didn't stare at it too long but it doesn't look much different from the one in Jaguar.

I just picked up Panther this afternoon. It's a little speedier and Expose is cool but, overall, I don't see much of a change. Maybe I'll notice more little things as I use it more.

Squire