Would it be wise to buy this powerbook...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by _bnkr612, Dec 28, 2004.

1. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

I am traveling to New Zealand for a couple months and I was looking at 667 15" PB's and wondering if it would be a good idea to buy one? My price can't go over $800. On ebay I have seen some 667 15" and 867 12" (12" has the 1024 res.). I am worried about the LCD's brightness and wear and tear (which will be different for each PB)

I would be using it as a secondary computer to check mail, chat and design websites for relatives in NZ.

Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Thanks.

2. mms macrumors 6502a

The first generation 12" sounds pretty good if you could get one in good condition. Personally, I don't like to trust eBay but that's just me. A 12" is much better than 15" for traveling, and IMO not too small for most types of work. Make sure it has enough RAM though, because if it doesn't, that can send you over your budget.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

4. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

I used my powerbook (Ti 800) for two years for hours each day. If the powerbook you are looking at has been moderately to heavily used, you will notice that the screen will take about 10-20 seconds to get up to normal brightness. The screens age.