Would someone mind sending me a few icons?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kingsly, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Got my new MBP today and upon restoring my HDD the backup program I use replaced my Documents, Music and Pictures folders with generic folder icons. :eek:

Would someone mind creating three folders and copying the icons from your home folder and sending them to me? Thanks.

2. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

The icons for these folders may appear like custom icons, but in fact they are assigned these icons by the os, and these are the default icons.

sounds like your backup program did not associate these folders with their uses, this could cause problems with some applications.

what backup program do u use? did you restore the entire hdd or just some folders?

someone correct me if I am wrong.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

joshysquashy might be right. Are they located in the correct place on your Home folder? Is the Home folder in your Users folder? :)

Attached Files:

4. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

iBackup and yes, I just restored some folders. :eek:

5. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Never mind. A restart and PRAM reset seems to have shocked my icons back to life. :)

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Fantastic work mate. A restart's always a good point of call when something's acting a bit glitchy. :)

7. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

Take a look at McDo Design. He comes up with some fantastic icons. Keep it bookmarked, and check it every so often, and you have some nice surprises!