Would someone please offer me some selling advice?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by afehrenbach, Sep 11, 2004.

1. afehrenbach macrumors member

I am finally ready to give up my Macintosh Powerbook G3 Wallstreet, I just don't know who to sell to, how to sell it, or what I should sell it for. I've made several updates to it since I originally got it. Please read the specs of it and try to help me out. Thanks! It runs at 233MHz with Mac OS 9.2.2, has a 30GB HD, a 14.1" screen, has Office 98 and Appleworks 6. I could also include a Type II USB PC Card (which adds the functionality of two external USB ports to the Powerbook) when I sell it. Let me know If I could give any of you any more info so that you can help me to the best of your abilities!
    -afehrenbach
    PS: Today at the Apple Store I asked one of the clerks what he thought the going price for my PowerBook G3 would be, and he said that because of its large Hard Drive (2GB upgraded to 30GB), its going cost is still somewhere from $600-$700. What do you think? I think he might be off quite a bit, but if he isn't then where can I get someone to pay the highest price for it?

2. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

I'm pretty bad at figuring out good asking prices, but I would say $600-$700 seems too high. Most people suggest checking out completed auctions on eBay to determine a fair asking price.

As for a good place to sell the PowerBook, how about here on MacRumors? Check out the Marketplace, and create a new thread for your PowerBook. Be sure to check out the For Sale/Trade Policy before you post.