Would these be infringing on copyright?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by aafuss1, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I would have thought it was on the edge of cpyright laws, Apple legal might catch them!

Hope they do!

Ensign

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Probably, I used to have an OS X theme on XP which I got from themexp.org, when I last looked at had been removed from the site at the request of Apple :p

3. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Well, no matter what, you can't download the applications anyway. It states 404. The webpage just tells Microsoft that the GUI for XP sucks and that Apple's one is better. Kind of makes me laugh. Picture Bill Gates going to his friends house, turns on the PC and it looks like OSX. He'll probably make a copy for himself

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

so you haven't given up yet, aafuss1. why bother asking this question when you know that in the past you've been told it would be a copyright problem, on more than one time.

5. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Thats too bad. I cant think why Apple would want to have to removed. Its not like Windows users are running out to make XP look like OS X. (its allready a lame rip off as it is) It would probably only be used by Apple users that are forced to use Windows. I have a Win2000 Box on my desk at work and would love to use an OS X skin.... but then again... I would probably get in trouble with the IT department for that :)

-evildead

6. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

just so you all know who this guy is and why he is asking take a look athe the following:

link1

link2

link3

link4

and his fine creation...

Attached Files:

7. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

What's the big deal? Emulation is the sincerest form of flattery (especially when Apple is making this big push to convert PC users). Seems like more a step in the right direction than the wrong one.

8. aafuss1 thread starter macrumors 68000

aafuss1