Would this be a fair trade?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by fallerg, May 16, 2005.

1. fallerg macrumors newbie

Apr 21, 2005
    I havent got this to trade but would it be fair to trade a 12" Powerbook (Superdrive - $2749 AUS) for a new 20" iMac G5 ($2795)? This seems ok (maybe some cash with the powerbook, but the iMac just has such better specs, it doesnt seem fair :?
  2. swy32x macrumors regular

Mar 20, 2005
    It depends how much you use your powerbook, and how much you use the portability.

Also, if you are need raw power but still need portability, trade the PowerBook for the iMac then get a cheap iBook.
  3. Maedus macrumors regular

Dec 4, 2004
    Any trade you're happy with is a fair trade. :p

Some would choose the iMac because it serves their needs better (power over portability) while others would choose the PowerBook there since it'd be better for them (portability over power).

May I enquire why you're asking since you mentioned you didn't have either of those to trade?
  4. fallerg thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 21, 2005
    lol.. i was just dreaming. I can get a salary sacrificed laptop but not an iMac. And i wouldnt really use a laptop (other then for showing off purporses :D) and would love a iMac. I dont know who legal this would be... just dreaming! lol