Would this work? Nike running kit idea.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GoCubsGo, Nov 26, 2006.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    My Nano is on its way and I am super excited. I am buying the Sportsuit™ Sensor+ for iPod nano from Marware to fit the sensor to my shoe (I run in new balance shoes not Nike). I also started thinking of how I'd get it on my wrist. I don't want to put it on my upper arm. I decided to get the Contour iSee case which comes with the belt clip and two wrist bands. I intend to put one wristband on slip the nano on the band like a belt then put the second wristband over the nano and first wristband. I think this would stay in place but alas one can only tell by trying.

Does it sound like a good idea or does it sound like a disaster? I would get the Marware sport suit but of the three reviews I read, two said that sweat was a problem and the nano would end up wet on the back. I don't want this at all.
  2. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jul 14, 2005
    Simpler is always better. To me, I couldn't stand running with something more than a watch attached to my wrist. I have even tried arm bands and decided I don't like them. The only place that works for me is on my hip or the small of my back so I don't notice it. It's all personal preference though, arm bands are hugely popular.
  3. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Actually the small of my back would be great but I worry about the sweat. I sound like a slob, but the fact is that I do sweat and that's unavoidable unless I don't workout. ;) Then I'd be a fat slob!
  4. ieani macrumors 6502a

Jan 3, 2006
    the states for now
    I just hold my nano in hand. I dont have to when Im on campus but usually I drove to run and always ran with my car keys in my hand. As far as holding the nano in hand. My had doesnt not tire at all even over 13 mile runs which have so far been my longest. Not sure how it will fare when I do my first marathon. But I like it for the fact I can easily change songs and check time etc.