Would you be dissappointed with the Ibook if...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jonomo, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonomo macrumors regular

It just had:

Slight bump in clock speed
    512 ram
    40 gig hd
    64 meg graphics card
    Non-wide screen

I've been waiting for a while now.... I would be happy with that... All I really wanted was an increase in Graphics capability.... but was it worth the wait? ugh.... i would say yes!!! :D

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I wouldn't have been disappointed if they didn't update the iBooks.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....could this not have gone on one of the other countless new iBook threads? Really.....we do not need yet another one.....oh yeah!

4. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

Yeah, that would be fine, if at the same price. But at this point, I'm probably buying a PC laptop this weekend, so its likely too late for me.

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I agree, the only thing I'm really waiting to see is that graphics card... I don't mind spending a little extra for RAM and a better HD. Although, standard would be nice. :p

6. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

At least its not a **total* repeat like some other posts, not that my 30 or 40 posts makes me some kind of authority figure around here.

Anyway, in response, yes I would be very disappointed. Only because it would mean that they might not have to rush out the new PowerBooks, since there would still be somewhat of a gap. After waiting this long, I couldn't not feel let down.

7. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I don't understand why everyone hates speculation and thoughts about the up-coming Macs. I love it. No, I don't start threads, but I come here a couple times a day to see what all the new thoughts and ideas are. Good fun!

In regards to the question, no, I would not be disappointed. That seems like it is a possible update to be honest. Truthfully, I don't think it could be much bigger than what you suggest in that opening post.

8. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I don't think anyone here "hates" speculation....but when we end up with countless threads all about the same thing, with people responding with the same response in every thread, it becomes a bit of a pain to weed through all the duplicate threads. All I am saying is that we do not need a new thread for every possible permutation of what may transpire in regards to new iBooks....oh yeah!

9. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

This depends on price. I would like $100-150 price reduction as well.

10. bigben334 macrumors regular

no price reduction........

as reported by think secret, the new ibooks will have the same price points. read the latest rumor put up by our beloved macrumors staff......

11. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

No, that'd be fine with me. I tend to think we'll get maybe one more bundled feature instead of a price drop. Maybe BT standard.

12. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

So did you end up cancelling your order? Or do you still have an order in on the old units?

13. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

not at all but i still think they need to make a cheaper laptop like one with the curennt ibook specs but for around $700

14. AcousticDoc macrumors regular

that would be pretty sweet. if apple does do something like that in the future they would be forced to use celerons tho... :eek:

I hope this ibook has a better LCD than on the ones that are currently available!!!

15. TheSisko macrumors regular

Why is everyone so insistent on a 64MB update? That won't make the crappy R9200 any better! I'd like to see a Mobility 9600 put in there, with the PowerBook 12" simultaneously updated to the Mobility 9700.

Just bumping the 9200 to 64MB nothing, except slightly bumping the FPS in texture intensive games (which will still run horribly slow).

16. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

dude, dont break when TS reports it's coming next week, when thinksecret says something you can bet your life it's a fact.

17. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

.......and I bet even those specs are on the optomistic side lol :eek:

18. icarusflies macrumors member

I'd be dissappointed if....

I'd be dissappointed if.... the day after the updates some out - someone started an "Ibooks next tuesday?" thread :D

19. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

It'll become a "Powerbooks Next Tuesday?" thread. But don't worry my other thread covers that (Ibooks and Powerbooks Next Tuesday?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.