Would you be more likely to buy an iMac if....

Discussion in 'Community' started by BOOMBA, Jul 9, 2002.

1. BOOMBA macrumors regular

BOOMBA

I was just wondering if any of you would be more likely to buy an iMac if it was done in the graphite color scheme of the older G4's and Quicksilver G4s.
    I realize buying a computer solely on looks is what gives us Mac users a bad name, but I am talking from a purely aesthetic point of view, do you think it would look better?

I think the "all white look" is really putting people off. I do not like the look of the iBooks, and I am actually waiting to get an iPod in hopes it will soon be available in ANY color other than white.

Maybe it's just that I use the G4 towers all day at work and home, but I think they seem much more professional and elegant than the white machines. I realize Apple perhaps feels it needs to distinguish it's consumer hardware from it's pro hardware, but I think the all white look is not cutting it, and frankly I am surprised it has lasted this long.

What do you guys think?

2. coolocity macrumors regular

I wouldn't be any more likely to buy an iMac, I'd buy it based on performance. I would proboblly go for the graphite one though, just to be different. :D

3. resm macrumors 6502

colours and computers

I bought the iMac 800.

First of all the ease-of-use, Quality, added softwares, decent price and the looks convinced me.

Made in white, it looks more like "different" and more "design" then what is normaly associated with a computer and since it stands in my home, I wouldn't mind it looks good too.

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

white is not such a bad color...it's better than beige

graphite or titanium/silver/aluminum would be nice on just about any model

black would not work for the imacs or emac, but would work for the ibook and an annodized black tibook would be very nice

5. BOOMBA thread starter macrumors regular

BOOMBA

Ok, think of it this way

Ok, say you are definitely buying an iMac.
    Before you stand a white one and a graphite one.
    Which one do you come home with?

6. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

both of them probably :D jk

hmm i like the white more but itdd be nice to see a graphite g4 imac

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: Ok, think of it this way

graphite

the white shows dirty fingerprints too easily;)