Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bDIN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
I've been all set to go hogwild this spring and purchase a 24" C2D iMac with several BTO options; however, I learned today that this Monday only, our university bookstore will be selling 15 unopened base model 20" Core Duo iMacs for $799.

Is this deal too good to refuse? The extra savings would mean a quicker replacement a few years down the road, plus it would kick the crap out of what I have now (and rarely use) — a blue & white G3 400 mhz tower.

So... what would you do?

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
I'd say get the Core Duo, it's only a matter of time before once again Core 2 Duo is the New G3.

The deal is amazing. I'd say take full advantage of it!

bDIN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Yes; it has a superdrive. Full specs:

20"
Core Duo
512 ram
250G HD
superdrive
ATI Radeon x1600, 128MB

$799

jessep28

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2006
Omaha, NE
It's a good deal. I would go out and buy some RAM to upgrade to at least 1GB but even then that's a decent price.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Yes; it has a superdrive. Full specs:

20"
Core Duo
512 ram
250G HD
superdrive
ATI Radeon x1600, 128MB

$799
well, what do u want me to say? If i were u, i would go get it right now.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
I've been all set to go hogwild this spring and purchase a 24" C2D iMac with several BTO options; however, I learned today that this Monday only, our university bookstore will be selling 15 unopened base model 20" Core Duo iMacs for $799.

Is this deal too good to refuse? The extra savings would mean a quicker replacement a few years down the road, plus it would kick the crap out of what I have now (and rarely use) — a blue & white G3 400 mhz tower.

So... what would you do?
Buy it!

(while your at it, would you mind picking one up for me as well? I'll pay you back! ;) :rolleyes: :eek: :D )

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Heck, even if you don't actually want one, buy it and sell it on eBay and put your profits towards your 24"! That's an outstanding deal.. definitely take advantage of it!

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
id definatly get it, though i would add more ram once my finds have increased again. that is a great deal, much to good not to take.

bDIN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Sounds like I should be first in line when the store opens. I think I've made my decision. I'll definitely bump the ram up to 1.5G as soon as I get it. Hopefully I won't have any problem getting it, as they've only got 15.

They're also selling 30 17" Core Duo imacs for $499. It's Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
Sounds like I should be first in line when the store opens. I think I've made my decision. I'll definitely bump the ram up to 1.5G as soon as I get it. Hopefully I won't have any problem getting it, as they've only got 15.

They're also selling 30 17" Core Duo imacs for $499. It's Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day.

you live where? I am going to get a 17" tomorrow. :D

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006

oh, damn it, this is unbelievable. my college computer store now only transfer me to apple's official discount page, which isn't cheap at all. where exactly are u located?

viperguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2005

I WANT ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
lol

Kingsly

macrumors 68040

Where are you located??? Buy me one and I'll paypal you the money+ shipping! :eek: :p

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006

So... what would you do?

OMFG!!!!!! That's 5 times less the price of what they charge in South Africa!!!!! OMFG!!!

I wish I was in the States right now! I would make so much cash:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.