Would you have sex with someone for money?

Discussion in 'Community' started by SpaceMagic, Jun 12, 2005.

1. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Hey,

Just interested... although the majority of MacRumors users are male, it does really apply to both sexes. But would you have sex with someone for money?

Just like to see the demograph.

2. diddy macrumors 6502

3. toothpaste macrumors 6502

4. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

5. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Well, no money changes hands, but you end up paying just the same.... :eek: :D

Sex for money is one of the prime male fantasies I suspect, especially when the client is a 20 year old pneumatic model-type (or Keira Knightly).

A different matter when it's a bloke called Stan who has "mother" tattoo'd badly on one arm and a beer-belly.

Not enough money in the world.

Nope.

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I may be male, and thus in line with this so-called "male fantasy"...but I won't accept or pay any sum of money in exchange for sex. Casual sex just doesn't appeal to me.

7. iGary Guest

iGary

8. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

No, I don't think I would. I'm not positive - it really totally depends on the circumstances but to make a blanket statement I think it's generally immoral.

9. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

"I DO"

Hence the popularity of "Pretty Woman".
    So what we're dealing with is breaking a solemn vow if married, or perhaps lowering your idea of morality. Lets face it, one million dollars for a romp if you're single is a no-brainer as I believe that sex for sex's sake is just fine between two consenting adults... It's the progressive in me. But I am married. I can't think of anything more reprehensible then going back on the word you gave your wife when you were at the altar. And if she agrees? I married the wrong person, but I assure you I didn't. But thank GOD I don't really need all that much money! :)

10. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Personally, no. But I've never been into casual sex either. If you see casual sex as normal, then you may decide your body is an asset so why not get a return from it?

I did have an interesting conversation with two strippers/prostitues in Amsterdam a couple of years ago. Their take on stripping was that they had a good body, they could earn more stripping with less effort than anything else they were qualified to do; many were students who did it while studying during the day. They didn't feel exploited since they felt if men were daft/desperate enough to give them a fair amount of cash just to see some skin, then who was exploiting who? Particularly the guys who would give them an extra 50€ just to push their tits together in their face. Later that night in the club, I watched one guy do this and drool at the site while the stripper rolled her eyes at me as if to say 'see?'

Only one of the girls was also a prostitute. She was a student and worked at a high-end club where she could pick and choose her clients. And earned a good living doing it - no student debt for her and holidays several times a year. But she did say that she wouldn't do it in an unregulated environment (on the streets) since there the women often aren't doing it because they are in control and have a choice but because they're being exploited by others.

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, I've had sex with someone for free, so, yes, I'd certainly have sex with someone for money.

If the question were "would you have sex with anyone for money?", then no. But there is certainly someone you could pay me to have sex with.

12. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

this just reminds me of family guy. "you could whore yourself out to 50 fat chicks for 1000 bucks, or 5 really fat chicks for 10000 bucks"

that is the jist of it, don't know if it is actually what quagmire says but anywho for the answer, yes i would with fiance, anyone else, nope.

13. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Reminds me of my youth. I had an "opportunity" to become the "personal assistant" for one of the wealthier matriarchs in the DC area oh so long ago. My morals at the time, just could not bring me to go to that level.

14. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

But you would now? ;)

15. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

LOL, at 47 years old this July and the cost of living in the damn area, most anything might be open for discussion. :D

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yes, but there are limits.

I'll need to see the girl first. And I will only put it into 2 of the 3 holes....

Okay okay, any of the 3 holes are do-able for the right amount.

And I don't take credit cards.

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wait a sec.... It needs to be human sex, right?

I just wanna clear this up right now, because I don't think I'd have sex with an animal, no matter how hot it looks in high heels.

18. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I think that, under the right circumstances and for the right amount, almost anyone would have sex - and let's assume it's safe sex - for enough money.

For $100, no, many people wouldn't under many circumstances. But if someone offered you US$1,000,000,000 to have sex with them, who'd turn it down? Even if money means nothing to you, a billion dollars would help countless children, homeless people, PC users, etc.

So, really, to paraphrase Winston Churchill, we're just deciding what we'd each charge.

19. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm telling you, the right cow in the right heels....

Hey, I grew up in the midwest (Iowa/Illinois). It was lonely there, and cows don't laugh at you afterwards.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

if i didnt have this 'only have sex with one person ever' belief then yea, but not in a "shag for £1,000" way... more like buy me something cool. good watch or something.

id do anything that moves for a 50" HDTV :eek:... if that anything was my girlfriend. :D

21. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

as it has been said, for the right person and the right amount sure, but no i wouldnt do it for chump change with just anyone, would have to be the right circumstances

22. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I gave your mom a freebie.

j/k, sorry I couldn't resist such a stupid answer to such an inane thread. "Would you give prostitution a shot?" Come on!

23. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

That has to be the best sales pitch I've ever heard.

24. SpaceMagic thread starter macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

The thread arose from the revision I'm currently doing for my A-Levels. One of the topics is sexual morality. The big question to the guys in the class was, would you do it with another guy (Assuming not gay) for money.

The thing is most men would do it with a woman for free, so that's not really an issue. So the next question must be:

Would you do it with a member of the same sex?

I'm not gay, but to be honest! $1000 is a lot of money. ;)