Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like iOS 7 on the new gold iPhone 5s?

• Yes

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 58.8%

• Total voters

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
No. But had it come in the metallic blue used on the iPod Touch line up, I'd buy 2! :)

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
The newest pictures of the Gold iPhone make it look alot classier than the very yellow gold mockups we have been seeing. I think that if they are going to do gold, that there will be alot of time and thought put into the shade of gold they do, and it will look fine.

Its simply another option. If you prefer the black and white...why care who is getting the gold? Its personal preference. I like that they are giving more options.

iCarabma

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2012
I, too, hate that thing nobody has seen and is rumored to exist based on my preconceived notions and sloppy photoshops!!!

Come everyone, pitchforks! Let's get em!!!

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
I didn't vote because the poll asks a loaded question. My opinion of iOS 7 is irrelevant; it's the phone's color that's in question. I don't like the idea of a gold iPhone, so any OS would look bad on it IMO.

MacRumours forum users saying NO to something they have not seen it yet? Shocking!!

I haven't seen what my stomach contents look like, but if somebody asked me if I wanted to, I'd still say no. We're making estimates based on prior knowledge and personal taste; I think that's sufficient considering all this poll asks for are our opinions.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Of course the new iPhone 5s...(gold or whatever) will run iOS 7.

What are you gonna do...buy the new phone and then down grade the operating system?

adildacoolset

macrumors 65816
The day of the announcement...if they announce the gold iPhone 5S. This is going to be me...

I will cry for Apple.

Jeez, it's just a colour. Choose another one if you don't like it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. And don't give the "apple is doomed" crap. The poll proves that it will still lures a lot of people.

Talk about being self-centered...

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
No, I want iOS8 on my Gold iPhone.

The man who said there are no stupid questions, well...

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
Jeez, it's just a colour. Choose another one if you don't like it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. And don't give the "apple is doomed" crap. The poll proves that it will still lures a lot of people.

Talk about being self-centered...

Did you READ what I even put earlier. Im not mad about gold. If they want to give out gold iPhone thats FINE but offer OTHER colors along with it.. not just gold.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So...what exactly is this about? If a gold iPhone 5S (or whatever its name is going to be) is going to be released, clearly the only choice of OS that will be available for it at the time will be iOS 7. What does asking whether or not you'd like it have anything to do with reality and the fact that it can't be changed?

This is like asking if someone would like today to be yesterday instead...pointless.

myevilclone

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2013
I would love to see a gold iPhone! In fact, on my iPhone I use some gold for my phone case/accessories, and I think it looks good (you guy can decide with my photos). That said, I think that it needs to be done correctly. White and gold tend to be two colors that are fit very well with each other, and given that white is the predominant color for iOS7 it would fit in perfectly! But the gold needs to accent the piece rather than take over. If it's the whole aluminum piece being gold/champagne, it might be overkill (I would have made the whole back piece just white glass and then make the band gold). But I'm sure Apple knows what they're doing. I would have loved it to be a rose gold though... :p

Attachments

• DSCN5528.JPG
    DSCN5528.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
  • tumblr_mqd3caP3FZ1qj5eceo1_500-1.jpg
    tumblr_mqd3caP3FZ1qj5eceo1_500-1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 68

sero323

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
This is one of those threads in which the threadstarter assumes because he/she likes the idea of a gold phone and likes the UI of iOS7 that everyone else feels the same.

These threads are always a FAIL !

I'm actually one of those who voted No and think that the gold will not look good with iOS 7. So next time don't ASSUME.

----------

No, I want iOS8 on my Gold iPhone.

The man who said there are no stupid questions, well...

The question doesn't ask whether you WANT iOS 7 on it. It is whether you would "LIKE" iOS 7 on it.

----------

MacRumours forum users saying NO to something they have not seen it yet? Shocking!!

You haven't seen iOS 7? You haven't seen mock ups of the Gold iPhone?

Last edited by a moderator:

ReallyOldGuy

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
For those that read some of the articles associated with the "gold" phone this "color" is not primarily for the US market. It is probably aimed at the Asian markets to get them to step up from the 5C and spend more money.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Sure why not? I'll have my own wallpaper in it and icons in folders (like I do with iOS 6).

----------

The color isn't gold!!! Why is everyone saying gold -.-

Champagne is the closest.

Because gold sounds worse and therefore will generate more page views.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.