Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like to see a thinner iPhone?

• Yes, I want to see a super thin iPhone

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • No, they're getting too thin!

Votes: 60 75.9%
  • I wouldn't mind

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
I hope it does. I don't really have a problem with the battery life like most people here do. Maybe I'm not using as much during the day compared to other users? Thinner phones feel better in the hand and a joy to use. Two things I hate is the antenna bands and the protruding camera. If they can make the camera flush inside a thinner body? yes please.

I'll definitely agree about the protruding camera lens

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
The protruding camera is one of the things I hate the most. So far it hasn't actually affected me as I use the leather case, both for protection and mostly gives me the one handed grip. But the case negates the thinness so it's a compromise.
I use a case to increase the thickness so I haven't really noticed the camera lens, but I think if I got a 6S which I think the added thickness may allow it to be used without a case the camera lens would get annoying. So I think I'd like at least the 6S thickness plus whatever expansion is needed to bring the camera lens flush with the case.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I use a case to increase the thickness so I haven't really noticed the camera lens, but I think if I got a 6S which I think the added thickness may allow it to be used without a case the camera lens would get annoying. So I think I'd like at least the 6S thickness plus whatever expansion is needed to bring the camera lens flush with the case.
Isn't it interesting that what once was a phone with a camera attached has in seven years become a camera with a phone app.

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014
I don't give a **** whether thin or thick. I just hope they get better build quality. specially screen.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Impossible unless you want a 2 - 5MP camera with no OIS.

I pray that Apple use the thickness of the camera unit as a restriction to how thin the device should be.

My fear is though - they tested the waters with protruding cameras on a second tier device - the last iPod touch. When there was no massive revolt they thought they would try the same with the iPhone 6.

hundreds of millions sold.

That alone will convince them that not enough people care about their stupid design decision.

I can still hope that they make a nice fat "iPhone Pro" with a good battery life but I know that mythical beast would not come in at 4"

geta

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2010
The Moon
The better question is - have you seen a thinner iPhone?

Because I think that the moment we do, all complaints about battery life and audio jacks go out of the window.

Not yet, but other companies already having 5.1mm phones with 3.5mm jack.

Isn't it interesting that what once was a phone with a camera attached has in seven years become a camera with a phone app.

More like a pocket computer with phone and camera apps...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.