Wouldn't be ironic if Bush was prosecuted for election violations!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Neserk, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

2. Leo Hubbard macrumors newbie

Just because you are a republican doesn't mean you can't contribute to 527's.
    Using the logic Kerry used the moveon.org is a front for democrats. I wonder how much of Heinz's money ended up in their pocket via Tide or other methods?

3. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i hope this doesn't backfire. i think the public has a low tolerance for filing suits, and it's an easy target for the GOP-spin machine.

isn't the swift boat thing in the process of blowing over, anyway?

5. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Charge Bush for war crimes. Did I miss something?

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This probably isn't such a wonderful idea. I think Kerry should make it personal, not legal.

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Good grief. (I seem to be saying that a lot these days).

None of these statements make a lick of sense.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I see. So would you say Bush was losing the argument in the spring?

:rolleyes:

9. Bobcat37 macrumors member

Ahem... mactastic, SOURCE?!?! (You violated MacRumors #1 Political rule, gasp! BANNATIONS!)

Haha, anyway if that is true, apparently nothing came from that? And I'll assume that nothing will come of this Kerry lawsuit.

Personally I think both Bush and Kerry are silly for filing these lawsuits. Sure if it was some amazingly blatant violation it might not be a bad idea, but this just seems too circumstantial.

OMG like Bush knows this rich Republican (imagine that!) and this same rich republican is giving money to a group of anti-Kerry people (imagine that!)! Yeah Bush is sooooo coordinating this :p

Just because there is a common middleman, that doesn't prove anything, and till Kerry brings some good proof, I will keep not caring!!!

10. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Sure he was. Last spring. ;) :D

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Lol, well played.

Just a reminder that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones though...

12. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

527's and any other funding of a candidate should not be allowed unless it is by the people themselves (and limited to $100 TOTAL to a candidate or a party).

IMO we need to get money out of politics, in particular Big Money. We need to send Bush;s Pioneers to the free range areas of Canada.

13. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Do we not allow for posthumous lawsuits, if so Reagan should be held for war crimes.

14. Bobcat37 macrumors member

IMO if we want to get big money out of politics, we should send George Soros to Cuba...

15. macsrus macrumors 6502

All good liberals know that evil Republicans should all be jailed...
    Whats funny to me is the Kerry campaign has had the same charges filed against them over 2 months ago...
    I guess the media didnt think it was important to report it... with the same verve they did Kerry's accusation...

Besides... the whole war record argument is a joke anyway....
    I mean who cares.... Kerry served in Nam so what.... Then he threw away the medals... so what...
    Bush served in the guard... so what...

I dont think the whole I served here you served there is going to make any difference in the minds of voters anyway...
    It sure ddint during the Clinton/Bush or Clinton/Dole campaigns

I mean giving Bush a hard time for the guard.... Look at Clinton

Give me a break...

By the way.... ROLL TIDE ROLL

16. macsrus macrumors 6502

So should Kennedy....

17. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Let's compare.

Clinton was a Rhode scholar which is how he got his deferment (if I recall correctly).

Bush got his rich daddy to get him into the national guard (only slightly fishy) and then he didn't even bother to do that. That is my issue.

I have no problem with draft dodgers. I have no problem with people who fled to Canada to avoid going to a war they didn't believe in. I have no problem with people who went to jail or found some way to get out of going to war.

What I do have a problem with is someone claiming to have served his country when he did not and then starting an illegal, immoral war.

Bush is a hypocrite. He did everything he could to get out of not only going to Vietnam and serving in the national guard but then he turns around and justifies a war based on his own lies. He is full of bull****. Even if we don't try him for war crimes, history *will* judge him.

18. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Looks like the Bush campaign is trying to cut its ties to the SBVT after their links are being exposed.

Reuters.com

19. macsrus macrumors 6502

I figured you would have glossed over Clinton...
    Like his record wasnt a disgusting affair...

If I could have got in the guard intead of being drafted and serving in Nam you can bet I would have...

I guess if you repeat this often enough... Then it will become true...
    Give me a break

20. macsrus macrumors 6502

Is there any suprise here?
    Of course the SBVT are Bush Supporters with ties to the Bush campaign

Just like The Moveon guys are tied to Kerry....

Dont be naive...

21. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

:confused: This isn't about Clinton. It is about Bush.

Did you read my whole post or just what you wanted to? I have no problem with anyone avoiding going to war.

Denial...not just a river in Egypt. It is so obviously true that he didn't do his time in the National Guard that only those who have their head in the sand are in denial about it.

22. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

The Moveon guys (as you put it) aren't spreading lies. SBVT are. People who haven't spoken in 35 years (Editor from a Chicago paper, if I recall correctly) are saying they are full of BS.

23. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

So you admit Kerry is right in calling SBVT a front group of the Bush campaign? I know it is obvious, but the Bush administration is denying it even as they have to explain dismissing senior members of their campaign for working with the group. Of course it doesn't stop there, but all of this is ILLEGAL. It is also a time honored tactic of Rove and Bush. I'm not being naive or cynical here. Not everybody resorts to these kind of slimy tactics - Bush does.

As to Kerry and MoveOn, all you have to do is provide the ties and I'll happily second your condemnation. In short, they are a liberal group opposed to Bush, but with no special tie with Kerry or obvious coordination with his campaign. They existed well before this election cycle and have their own agenda. Sometimes that coincides with Kerry's; sometimes it doesn't.

One thing you fail to mention is how MoveOn has put out the kind of lies about Bush the SBVT has done about Kerry. I'd like to see a comparison.