Wouldn't this be a neat calculator widget?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DavidCar, Jun 28, 2005.

1. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

:eek: Nice!

What would the be system requirements though? Would they be very high?

2. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

while the application was probably built in OS X, and surely uses os x resources (images and sounds) its actually a java application file. you can download it form his site. you could go as far as asking him if you could just dump it in a way so you could run the applet in html for a widget, although idk, but personally its to large for a widget.

http://www.adlam.plus.com/will/

3. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Did Apple hire this guy to do this just before the Apple tablet comes out? ;)

4. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Downloaded the App... way to go Swansea Uni! Near me that is ;) Nice to see Wales gets some press.

5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I love it. Using this app with my wacom tablet makes me want to take a math class. :cool:

The only thing that keeps this from being the coolest thing ever, is that there doesn't seem to be any way to work with variables.

It would also be nice if there was an easy way to reduce fractions and that kind of stuff.

6. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Calculator widget, no. Regular app, it's awesome. I didn't really think that a new type of calculator app could actually be innovative, but this really seems awesome.
    -Chase

7. DavidCar thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't realize this could be downloaded.

My interest was not so much in making this a widget as in thinking this should get more exposure some way.