WoW 1.11 patch

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Anyone here excited about the new upcoming WoW 1.11 patch? I can't wait to see what new content becomes available and what new items are in it. Some of the gloves i saw on the blizzs website gave some bonus's to fighting undead but will this count in PvP for say like the alliance fo fighing undead from the horde? if so will this unbalance the BGs?

Attached Files:

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Undead players are not considered undead. Otherwise Paladins would destroy them. I believe in Beta they were considered undead for a while and well... paladins melted their faces... in a sense.

3. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I played the test servers when they were open and i can say it was a change. Outside all the Alliance cities (Stormwind, Ironoforge, and even Darnasus) were huge floating platforms. I'm assuming these were the Necropolis. Elwynn forest and Stormwind were all foggy. It looked pretty cool.

4. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

what are the undead race considered then? Are we just called "forsaken undead" and the rest of the mobs considered just plain "undead"?

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

They are considered humanoid I believe just like all the other races.

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I want to start back up playing WoW (i cancelled my subscription a few months ago)

But I had no one to really play with T_T and ii don't actively go out to meet people :p

however when i was in a group of 6 or 7 it was fracking an awesome game.

7. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Then play on the icecrown server. I have a 49 undead warrior named Gwindor. The server is great if you can play again.

8. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I will probably start back up friday when i get paid :p

Icecrown eh. I think i may have to hit you up some time when i get to be in the 30s or 40s on level

9. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

It's totally more fun playing with people you know IRL, IMHO. I found it quite boring initially playing on my own or with other people I met in WoW (mostly kids and/or people power-levelling and trying to rush through quests and wotnot so damn fast that it's pointless). Now I really enjoy it. I really really enjoy it when I can get together with someone and both play in the same room - using the chat features of WoW is a pain!

I can't say I'm too excited about any WoW patches... I've still only discovered a fraction of the game, so they don't apply to me much.

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I am going to try and get someone to join and get up to level 20 with me so we can start playing together me thinks

11. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Yeah, with IRL friends is the best, especially if you're together in the same apartment or connected via a voice chat mechanism like Ventrilo or TeamSpeak. But at the high levels, it's fun to be in a high-end raiding guild as well—getting the "phat lewtz" and having fun on Vent with strangers AND friends is lots of fun.

12. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I just need to meet people on Garona i think.

13. Badradio macrumors 6502

My main is a mage, so I'm really looking forward to this patch. Going to respec to a heavy pvp/fire build, then save my 1g respec for something more sensible when I start running into Horde Molten-Corers wearing head-to-toe fire resistance.
    The new Scourge content looks fantastic too - can't wait to get stuck into that.

14. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Ok so who thinks(and hopes) 1.11 comes out this tues? I DO!!!

15. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Oh God, I hope not. I only have 2500 / 12000 honored with Argent Dawn, and not nearly enough money to get the mats I'd need to get keyed for Naxx. Need to get my friend who's a priest to start doing AoE cauldron runs with me, or get other similarly low-rep people in my guild to start doing baron/scholo runs religiously.

16. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Ouch! I have reverd and the mats that has to suck! I guess all those scholo raids I did pre epics are worth something =p I am really looking forward to getting a corrupted ashbringer right now I have a Kalimdor's Revenge but it doesn't have enough lore!

17. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

u dont need mats to buy those items with the signets do u?

18. zosma macrumors newbie

19. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

well today is the big day :D its finally here YAY!

20. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

does this mean anything to those of us who play on private servers?

21. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Private servers? Meaning... hacked copies of the game on illegal, non-Blizzard servers for which you don't pay? :confused:

I'd assume not. :mad:

22. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

I pay for an account. And I used to play on a public server. I just prefer playing on a private server with a faster xp rate and I like the people better on this private server. But thanks.

23. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Then I'd still assume no, unless the people who run the private server have similarly quick access to the patch. It looks to me like all the hacked servers out there are still running 1.9.x, which is a full two patches behind the public servers—no tier 3, no Naxx, not even the priest talent review of 1.10. I dunno, I'd rather play the new content myself. But to each their own I guess.

Sorry for calling you out. It bugs me when people play WoW without paying Blizz, but if you pay for an account at least they're getting their money.

24. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

25. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

I'm confused by some of the statements I've read about 1.11. Particularly, do you need some level of AD rep before you do some of the quests?

This was posted yesterday by Blizz in a forum:

"No promises as to when the patch is going live, but if I were you, I'd start working on that Argent Dawn rep by tomorrow -- either that or pillage the guild bank while the pillaging is good. "