WoW 1.2.1. Patch Downloader

Discussion in 'Games' started by Plutonius, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Does anyone know if Blizzard has a downloadable patch for WoW for the Mac ?

FilePlanet and others carry the patch for the PC but I have been unable to find a Mac patch.

2. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Patch should be a hybrid... at least the beta client was a hybrid installer so I'd assume the FP update is hybrid also.

3. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

I downloaded the patch from FilePlanet and the other sites and in all cases it was a .exe file :( . My Mac would not recognize it but my PC ran it directly with no problems.

4. iBert macrumors regular

iBert

Why not use the blizzard updater program. Once you connect to play you should start downloading the updater. It works like a bittorrent. It has always worked for me that way.

5. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

Problem is that I use dial-up and the auto download can take up to 10 hours (if it works at all). If Blizzard supplies a Mac download patch the way they supply a PC download patch, then I can download the patch from a broadband location and burn it to cd for installation in my Mac.

6. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

That would make too much sense. :)

7. iBert macrumors regular

iBert

If you know of someone who is playing WoW and has a Mac. Ask them to look in the WoW installation folder. There he should be able to see the updater file, which would be the installer. Ask him if he can burn a copy of it.

I've seen the updaters in the WoW folder. I was having problems downloading the update before I left for the holidays home.

But I think this should work.