Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

So I sent the guy an email telling him there was no G5 Powerbook, and this is the response I got:

Actually, our research shows that there is a G5 Powerbook and this is the keyboard for that computer. We get our information from Apple and that shows us that the G4 is an iBook and not a Powerbook. Thanks!

What a moron.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Because Im bored and have nothing to do at all as i have a broken hand I thought I would email this guy for my own amusement. :D

While not totally correct it is basically right. Busted hand equals non comprehensive emails and posts.

Heres what i said:

There is no G5 powerbook. The Powerbook is a G4 along with the
iBook. After the PowerBook Apple went to Intel and produced the
MacBook and MacBookPro. One of the reasons for this move was
because it was not possible to put a G5 chip in a laptop. It used
way too much power and ran extremely hot.

Now im bored again. :(

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Because Im bored and have nothing to do at all as i have a broken hand I thought I would email this guy for my own amusement. :D

While not totally correct it is basically right. Busted hand equals non comprehensive emails and posts.

Heres what i said:

There is no G5 powerbook. The Powerbook is a G4 along with the
iBook. After the PowerBook Apple went to Intel and produced the
MacBook and MacBookPro. One of the reasons for this move was
because it was not possible to put a G5 chip in a laptop. It used
way too much power and ran extremely hot.

Now im bored again. :(

Boy, I can't wait to see where this goes..

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
Kinda like the time I saw a guy post G4 Quad all over his listing, for a MDD G4 Dual 1.25 I laughed really hard at the title, and kept going when i saw it written many more times. Even the little Info blurb under the buying info said Processor: PowerPC G4, Number of Processors: 4.

There are morons everywhere. Some are trying to make a buck fooling others, and some are just plain "di di dee"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.