wow, a press conference!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Oct 28, 2003.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

only the 10th one since sworn in, bush held a press conference today.

sadly, i didn't catch all of it. but i got most of the Q&A.

notable (paraphrase):

reporter: are you able to promise that US troop strength in iraq will be reduced by next year, this time?

bush: that's a trick question and i'm not going to answer it.

<edit>

got the transcript now: link

</edit>

he was doing a lot of not answering, though in most instances he'd talk a lot and avoid the issue.

one reporter asked a pointed question about intelligence problems wrt iraq's WMD. specifically, has bush been surprised at the discrepancy?

bush rambled for a bit, and, to my horror, concluded that the pre-war intelligence was "good" and "solid." i think, at that point, bush himself realized what he'd said, then got quiet and withdrawn and repeated some things he'd said pre-war, about hussein being able to hide things well.

<edit>
    </edit>

a reporter asked if he could ask a followup question.

bush (again, paraphrase): if you're going to interrupt me, then, no, no followup.

<edit>
    </edit>

2. wwworry macrumors regular

His ideas and reasoning are shallow and he finds it hard to defend himself.

3. toontra macrumors 6502

Coincidentally, there was a clip on UK TV tonight of an interview of Bush by Trevor McDonald (ITV). When he was asked a (not too tricky) question about Iraq, Bush's only response was to wrinkle up his face in a idiotic grin and say "You're trying to put words in my mouth" and refused to answer. This is obviously his stock tactic in avoiding answering "tricky" questions.