WoW account question

Discussion in 'Games' started by KooBrewoP, Jan 4, 2007.

1. KooBrewoP macrumors regular

KooBrewoP

Im trying to share my warcraft account with a housemate and im wondering if its legal to let him share my account? will we both be able to access characters at the same time form the same account?

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I think it's perfectly legal to share one account. But I don't think you can both use it at the same time. And remember, it's always a risk to share an account with someone else ;)

3. Pancake macrumors regular

Pancake

As far as I now, you won't be able to play at the same time, which kinda ruins having a buddy playing WoW.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You cannot both be logged in at the same time and it is against the terms of service to share an account with anybody unless it is your child and that's only because a child doesn't have a credit card usually. The parent is the owner of the account but the child plays on it.

See the 2nd bullet point here:

http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/?id=agm01889p#limit

5. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Definitely can't log into the same account more than once simultaneously. You can share the account, but eventually if you have more than one toon that's leveled up especially to 60, you'll want to split one of the toons off to another account. Blizz charges a fee for that, but it's possible to move characters between accounts and even servers.

6. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Just a note that if you do want to transfer a character from one account to another the accounts have to have some of the same billing information. I believe last name is one of those pieces. You'd have to look at their site to see for sure though.