WoW Activation Question

Discussion in 'Games' started by slackersonly, Oct 15, 2006.

1. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

Apr 13, 2006
    I downloaded the WoW trial version and need to activate it. I have the trial installed on my iMac and on my son's pc.

1. Is purchasing a retail copy the best way to move from trial to full? Also, we do I even have to do this. I will pay the monthly fee. The retail version doesnt seem to have anything other than an activation code with free time that is about what i would pay for that amount of time anyways.

2. Is the activation code per account or per computer? In other words, can I purchase the pc retail version for the code, activation my account, and play from either my iMac or my son's pc (not at the same time)??

3. Similar to #2. If my son is at a friend's house that has WoW, can he log into our account and play his characters there. I would assume so but the info on this is hard to find.

Thanks in advance.
  2. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

Nov 17, 2003
    Daytona Beach
    1. You have to buy retail just the way it is.

2. No you the game is just a client your account is where they make the money you can play from any computer in the world.

3. Yes he can.

Be warned though if you do this regularly you can get in trouble for using multiple IPs (they think you have people bot your char) I have a few friends banned for this.
  3. slackersonly thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apr 13, 2006
    Thank you.
    The WoW website is extensive and sometimes finding basic info can be harder than understanding the game as my son explains it.