1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

WoW and lack of CDs.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sauron's Master, Oct 19, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

I left my World of Warcraft CDs at home when I left for college and I need a way to get a working copy of WoW on my laptop for various reasons, preferably in a very legitimate manner from Blizzard without paying any fees. Any ideas?

Obviously, I already paid for the game since I have an account with the specific CD key linked to it.

2. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Have someone mail them to you.

Or contact Blizzard...but I imagine they'll tell you the same thing.

3. macrumors regular

How do people get a client for the "trials" then?

I presume you don't have to pay the $4 or whatever for a mailed CD with that.

4. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You can download the client from here.

5. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Cool...thanks for helping him out. I took a quick look around and couldn't find anything like that...not being a WoW player (or even a gamer of any sort), I probably should have just kept my mouth shut. :eek: :D

6. macrumors regular

Thanks. I should have searched there; it would have saved me the trouble of registering for FilePlanet from the Blizzard site only to get linked that anyway.

7. macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Another thing you can do is go to the local game store and buy a WoW trial DVD. For $1.99 you basically get a backup DVD of the game: a great value in my opinion. They are usually located at the checkout of the store.