Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

merc669

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
Southern MD, USA
I have just started out recently playing WOW and am now part of a group that uses "Teamspeak". What Clients if any are available for the MAC that I can run on my Intel MBP? Thanks!!

Bill.....:confused:

nick004

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2005
Teamspeex is one of favourite apps! works so well especially with the universal version. So simple and fast, much better than the official windows TS clients, but then again most things on mac are better :)

amt8

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2007
New Jersey
Ventrilo

Does anyone know if there are any clients for Ventrilo?

It's the exact same client. You simply have to get whoever runs your server to change the codex to Speex. It's really easy for them to do, as long as they have shell access. There's no other way to get Ventrilo to work on Macs, sadly.

EDIT: Bah, sorry about that. I'm home sick and haven't installed Vent in a while. The poster below me is correct; however, you still need to have the server set to the Speex codec.

pjb23

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2007
Ventrillo Mac

Try here for Mac Ventrillo:

<http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php>

there is a beta version.

huck500

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
Southern California
I had to quit a guild because the person running the Vent server couldn't/wouldn't change the codec to Speex... even after I posted the instructions in chat. Since it was required for raiding, I had to find a better guild. My current guild had it set up before I got there.:)

RMD68

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Yeah I had the same problems, when I was playing WoW, with guilds who couldn't/wouldn't change the codecs. Quite frustrating!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.