WOW, Apple Loans are great

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by blvdeast, Jan 10, 2004.

1. blvdeast macrumors regular

I am 18, have two low-limit credit cards and I never thought that apple would accept my application for a loan, and i decided to apply to see what would happen, and I was accepted. It is amazing, I can now get my iBook. I got a $999 loan for the 12.1" Combo iBook, I almost cried. I am grateful for apple giving me a helping hand. Still excited, can't believe it.

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    good luck with paying it man!!! enjoy the ibook

3. blvdeast thread starter macrumors regular

My monthly income from work is about $450, I pay phone+internet- about $100 a month, car inscurance- $131 a month, and the little extras about $100 a moth, i have $119 left over. That should be enough to pay for it, and I am due for a raise, 3 years at the same place and no raise.

4. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Wow. Where do you work?

5. blvdeast thread starter macrumors regular

I work in a small flooring store, I work in the sales department. I never asked for a raise because I always got little presents for everything(small store=treated like family) and I never really needed more money, but now time to get the raise.

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Re: WOW, Apple Loans are great

Not to lessen your joy, but being 18, unemployed, and never having any credit whatsoever, I was cleared for a grand :). I didn't use it though, they were out of stockanyway. So I paid cash (through the 'rents) for my PowerBook two days later.

7. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

Watch the interest rates. I've heard that Apple Loans through MBNA can be as bad as the worst credit cards (18-24% :eek: ).

8. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

i'm 25, make a pretty nice salary, and have awesome credit. i still somehow wound up with a 29% interest rate in my AppleLoan. :(

9. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

I'm 21, i have a good credit history already (2 ford rangers yay!) and i got raped at 22%. Be careful, i got all excited and ran out and got my 800 DP powermac with it, didnt concern myself to much with the rate and now i just got it paid off. A lesson learned :)

10. evil macrumors 6502

yeah my apple loan is like 22%. so i am making an extra effort to pay it off nice and fast to avoid major interest.

11. blvdeast thread starter macrumors regular

I requested $999, got $2,500 and 17.99% and the regular 24-month interest only payment, I would rather have 24 month no interest payments.

12. Pilgrims Pro macrumors regular

I asked for $1400 got $3000, with a 17.9% finance charge and most importantly 6 months no interest, of course it will accrue, but I will pay it off in less than 6 months.

13. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I'm not seeing how 17% is a good rate. I think the Apple Loan goes as low as 9.99% and I still get much lower rates on all of my credit cards. But I suppose for certain people there aren't many choices.

14. Mantat macrumors 6502a

Getting less than 9.9% with a credit card? I doupt it... This how cedit card compute interest.

Let say its writen 12% interest. In fact, its 12%/12 (months) = 1% per month.
    No if you do (1.01)^12 you will end up with a bit over 13%.

Now do the same thing with 21% and see the diference... The rate they tell you is the ANNUAL rate, the real rate is called the ACTUAL rate or EFFECTIVE rate.

21% is a 'normal' rate under condition like these. The risk factor is kinda high and is flexible. Lower than 12% rates are mostly for very secure and inflexible loan (mortage for exemple).

15. Fabrix2003 macrumors regular

Unsire of the finincial situation of things but im a college student bought a powerbook G4 17" and never looked back, had to apply for a student loan got $3200 thats like $6000 give or take. Happy as ever dont have to pay it back till im 25 im 19 im okay now, and living the most every day, consodering buying a G5 now but wondering when the best time to buy really. :)

16. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I haven't had an APR higher than that for a long time. Higher FICO score = lower interest rates. Easy.

17. ShadowHunter macrumors regular

Did y'all get co-signees or something?? I applied after I had a credit card for 6 months with perfect payments (no other bills to gain credit), and was summairily denied without a co-signer. It was around the time I turned 19, and I was (still am) making pretty good money for my age ($1200/mo net).

It's been almost a year with my CC, so maybe I should try again.

18. Omad0n macrumors regular

I rememebr when I applied for an apple loan a while back I got through the whole process only to be told an error occured. So I tryed again, and it wouldn't allow me to input the stuff it wanted. So I went another route. Oddly enough though a couple months later I had a letter from the MBNA with a check. Apparently my apple loan went through, though by the time I knew it was not nescessary anymore.

19. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Re: WOW, Apple Loans are great

You are 18 which is why you didn't comment on interest. I became acutely aware of interest rates when I looked at my first car. The rates will kill you in the long run.