WOW!!! apple upgrade

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Ajmbc, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Ajmbc macrumors regular

I know i'm late, but I was looking at the upgraded iMacs, and a 17 inch WITH a superdrive, FW800, BT, and AirportX, is the same price as the iBook G3 800 with FireWire 400, No bluetooth, and No Airport X. Seems like a VERY GOOD DEAL to me. But they are really trying to grow out of the 15 inch as they don't offer a super drive in it. I'm getting one. :)
    =Ajmbc=

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

FW 800?

Dude, the new iMac's don't have FireWire 800.

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Re: FW 800?

Yeah apples states FireWire 400, almost tricking people who didn't know the latest firewire was 800

oh... ;)

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

firewire 400 is yet to be saturated so why the yelling about 800, who cares!the current firewire is all you need today and even that is not being used at 100%

5. Ajmbc thread starter macrumors regular

Lol, I didn't see that it didn't have FW 800.......... What was Apple's reasoning for that?? Not the 'Power Line'? Does this mean FW800 is not coming in the next iBook upgrade?
    =ajmbc=

6. eyeluvmyimac macrumors regular

that would probably be correct. but that is no worry, only one thing i can think of even uses the full capabilities of the current firewire 400's and those or certain external harddrives -- and not even all of those use it. It will take a while for this new standard (800) to catch on, and once it does, all the macs will probably already come standard with 2 firewire 800 ports