WoW: BG - I was pwnd!

Discussion in 'Games' started by yellow, Jun 27, 2005.

1. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

After a 6 month hiatus, I came back to World of CorpseRun and ditched my NE L51 rogue for a Troll Shammy. Our server needs more Horde anyway.

Just in time for Battle Grounds, right?

Well I just got out of my first BG (Warsong Gulch). We were outclassed, 6 on 9. We were totally disorganized (I was no help at all, being on the lower end of the level scale). We totally got our asses handed to us. It was not fun. The Alliance ended up camping our graveyard. I'm seriously considering never going in there again. I just cannot think fast enough to be useful.

Anyone else a die-hard BGer? Anyone else think it sux0rs?

Please excuse all the lingo.

2. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

heh I tried BG yesterday for the first time with my UD L24 Mage, did Warsong Gulch because Alterac Mountains is waaay too hard to get to for my level. I have to say that it was a lot of fun! Got a lot of Honor Kills and managed to wtfpwn a few alliance players.

I think BG is awesome, can't wait to play some more of it =)

3. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    i've played warsong gultch twice, the first time it was 10 on 10 and we (alliance) kicked butt, it was a lot of fun. the second time it was 6 on 10 (us having the lower number) and all the people i was playing with couldn't get their heads out of there butts for 5 seconds so we got a terrible whomping... that, was not so fun. i'm sure i'll try it again before too long.

4. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Damn... I just uninstalled WoW, it was freakin' hard. It basically came down to re-rolling on a RP server for me, but I'd rather just wait until some new realms come up before investing that kind of time. Got other stuff that needs to be done in the meantime.

You guys had any problems with wait times or anything? On some of the Low PvP servers it's really bad... maybe one Alterac Valley per day!

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I quit WoW before BGs came out, but I always thought they would be cool to try.

6. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

ditto

7. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

As long as you continue to use l33t speak, you'll get your bum handed to you. It's a fact. Grammar goes a long way in gaming. :D

8. yellow thread starter Moderator emeritus

yellow

9. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

f00 c4nt u zee th4t l33t sp33k sux0rs?

10. yellow thread starter Moderator emeritus

yellow

I have no idea what you said, as I make it a practice to not understand that chat-ghetto-gibberish. I must dispute your statement that "Grammar goes a long way in gaming", as grammar has nothing to do with gaming. Unless one is playing a child's educational game meant to build grammar skills and reading comprehension. A user's grammar clearly has no place in games such as WoW, as 80% of the people there say incomprehensible things like "w00t".

Personally, I'm not sure spelling anomalies fall into the category of grammar, but as a life-long computer guru, spelling and grammar are certainly not my strengths.

11. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

It really isn't grammar, more like a dialect or just typos.

Besides, all you really need to be able to comprehend it is a little thinking outside the box, and read it as it comes naturally. Clearly he said Fool, can't you see that elite speak sucks?

12. yellow thread starter Moderator emeritus

yellow

Clearly. But to acknowledge it.. :)

13. srdashiki macrumors newbie

In online play, speaking in "tongues" or "l33tsp33k" is TYPICAL and NOT abnormal. Typing while playing can mess even the best players up, so shorthand is always bettr. Got me?

Now incomprehensible: "w00t"? then you dont play enough games, and should be shot and not allowed to talk about video games. WOOOOOT is just that, say it outloud and you get the idea they were trying to convey,

14. yellow thread starter Moderator emeritus

yellow

Anyway, to get back on topic, I expect I will go back to BG once I'm a higher level and won't get schooled so much. I guess like many online game (mostly FPS') it takes a little practice getting used to the frenetic pace. Plus, with 49 honor.. I'm on my way! :)