WoW...Can you believe this?

Discussion in 'Games' started by iBrandi, Jan 31, 2007.

1. iBrandi macrumors member

I am waiting on my new c2d Macbook and I just decided to d/l the World of Warcraft 1o-day trial for my PC I have now just to see how it would play. This computer is 6 years old and has a 1.4 GHz processor with 256mb ram. The game plays flawlessly on the pc. I was really shocked and now I have no worries about playing it on my mac with bootcamp.

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Yeah, I'm guessing all the settings are down pretty low, that the screen resolution in-game is pretty low, and that there's a dedicated graphics card. It doesn't take much to run WoW, it runs on my T2XP which, for its tiny size, barely has enough grunt to boot itself up, but the better the hardware the better the framerates and the prettier the graphics.

3. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

You could just play it in OS X. It works fine.

4. iBrandi thread starter macrumors member

I will definitely try that first. The less I use windows the better. :apple:

I left the settings the same as when it installed. I didn't have to change anything. I do have a good graphics card though. I was just surprised and half-expecting it to crash based on previous posts. I'm glad I tried it out. Now I can't stop playing. :D

5. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Blizzard games always work well on modest specced computers.

1920*1200 all effects is nice though!

Shame i only get around 12-15FPS on my PC, too low for me to feel comfortable with.