Wow check these prices out.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by sparkleytone, Aug 13, 2002.

1. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

For the students in the US. It will cost $99 and you can get one time discounts like these.

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

oh ya, and take a programming class.

2. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

I am sorry, I don't get what you are trying to say. Are you being sarcastic about this, or.... Please explain.

3. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

4. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

woah.

thats pretty neat.. i knew that there were discounts but not that high.. thats much better than even a free educational discount...

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Isn't that a developer only incentive?

You know for people actually using the machine to make software, and not a student ADC membership benefit.

6. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Yes, you forgot to say it was a developer price. I was very confused because I know that regular education prices are not that low.

7. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

yeah you had me going too. The regular student discount is rarely more than 5-6% off regular applestore pricesl.

So does it cost money to become a "student developer"?

8. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

On second look, you're totally off. It has nothing to do with being a student.

You have to be a premier ADC member. Here's the direct quote from the Apple website:

The ADC Hardware Purchase Program allows ADC Members with ADC Hardware Discount assets (These are included in Premier memberships, Select renewals, and occasionally as part of special promotions) to purchase Apple hardware for development purposes at a discount of approximately 10-20%.

9. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Hmmm..

I am assuming that this is not for the "student developers" with the free ADC account, huh? Those prices are quite amazing though. You have any info on which level you have to be to get those?

Gus

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Read a little further:

11. onemoof macrumors member

Yes they are valid

Those prices are valid after a $99 Student ADC fee.

The guidelines are as follows:

From http://developer.apple.com/students/sthardware.html,

"ADC Student Program members are entitled to one purchase of a discounted development system (one (1) CPU with one (1) monitor; or one (1) iMac, PowerBook, or iBook per lifetime (non-renewable and subject to change) at approximately a 10-20% discount. (The discount varies by product and region due to local sales policies, pricing, and availability). Third-party products and software are not available for discounted purchase. Note that not all Apple products are discounted equivalently and some may not be available through the ADC Hardware Discount Program at all.

Please be sure you are adhering to the Terms and Conditions before ordering. In addition, we request that students fax a copy of student identification AND proof of current class registration in developer-related courses. Apple reserves the right to refuse access to this offer by non-students and/or non-developers. "

Also you must be age 18 or older.

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

so basically, when you decide to use your once per lifetime... make sure you get some hot ****e