WoW class Question...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Shadowspirit6, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Shadowspirit6 macrumors regular

Apr 25, 2006
    My friend is very new to the game, and he is wondering about classes( some i am wondering about too)

1)Which class can Fly.
    2)Which class are able to have pets.
    3)Which class is good for Combat/fighting and Healing

sry if this is too much to answer
  2. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2006
    Not at the beach...
    1. Pilot classes go into the air at some point.
    2. Biology has dead animals. Veterinarian classes have alive or dead animals.
    2. Combat and healing? I dunno. Maybe some weird form of kung-fo.
  3. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Feb 19, 2003
    Planet Zebes
    1. No classes can fly unless they are traveling via Gryphon/Hypogryph or the Horde version of those. The Burning Crusade Expansion will introduce flying mounts in the expansion areas for high levels. Priests and mages can use light feathers to "slow fall" or walk on water, but not fly.

2. All classes can have pets......but not pets that can fight for you. My main, Revak, is a level 60 holy priest and I have a pet owl that is nothing more than something that hangs around me and makes noise. Hunters have pets and warlocks have minions. I may be forgetting a class that has pets, not sure.

3. If you want to heal a priest is the best way to go, but druids can also be very good at it. Combat is for warriors b/c they can take the most beating. But there are lots of good classes for combat depending on what type of combat. Every group can use a good healer and a good tank, so priests and warriors are always in demand.
  4. Veldek macrumors 68000

Mar 29, 2003
    I want to add that druids will be able to shape-shift into a flying form in Burning Crusade, although only in the new areas where you can also have this flying mount.

You can play a priest, druid or shaman as a healer or a damage dealer, depending on the skills you use. I don't know about paladins which can heal, too, though.
  5. Shadowspirit6 thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 25, 2006
    are you able to multiclass like how 3 classes at one?
  6. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    You can make three separate characters (you can actually make up to ten per server), but you can't combine multiple classes into one character.
  7. Shadowspirit6 thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 25, 2006
    are you able to ride on pets?
  8. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
  9. applemacdude macrumors 68040

Mar 26, 2001
    Over The Rainbow

you have mounts tho