WoW Closed Beta Begins - no NDA

Discussion in 'Games' started by SilentPanda, Oct 12, 2006.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Anybody here in World of Warcraft closed beta? I'm not but the General forums are a lousy place to get any information since well... I only believe about 1/4th of the people in there when they say they're in closed beta.

So anybody know a guy who knows a guy who is in closed beta that we might be able to ask a question or two of? :)

I guess I should ask a question... are there any race restrictions on the Blood Elf and Draenei mounts? I know Tauren can't ride troll/undead mounts and gnome mounts are gnome/dwarf only. Just curious about the new ones.

2. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

My roommate has a friend who's guild is in the Beta testing but he may be selling his account so I don't believe he got one of the 25 keys given out.

As for the mounts, I'm not sure on this but my guess is for the Draenei there will be no restrictions. Since they're a bigger class (size wise), anyone should be able to ride their mount. I don't think that they will be able to ride the dwarf or gnome mounts however. Same thing for the Blood Elves, I think every race will be able to ride them except for Tauren, and they should be able to ride every other mount.

3. nick004 macrumors regular

That is a pretty wierd question to pick among the millions. Does the look of your mount really bother you that much. Well each to his own.

Sorry i don't know the answer though. Wonder if anyone has reach 'exalted' with the new characters with every faction?

Well, hope you find your answer.

4. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

That's my guess too except I think the Draenei will be able to ride the dwarf mount (all other races can). But it's purely a guess...

It is a weird question but it's one of the few things I don't know that I'm curious about. It'd be a shame to have all this runecloth saved up and not be able to get the new factions mount on Burning Crusade launch day though... :)

5. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Yeah I meant to say that I just get ahead of myself sometimes. :D

The only problem may be is they are too big for them. I haven't really seen any in game pictures but from what I've heard they're almost Tauren sized. If that's the case, they may be stuck with only their mount and the horses.

6. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I could give a rats hind end about my mount other than it's epic and fast. I thought the main point of the expansion was the availability of flying mounts for the new region not whether a bloodelf will ever get to ride a kodo.

I have to say though that the tiger mount that a friend of mine got from ZG is really sexy looking and since he's a Tauren, it's HUGE! I wonder if the orange tiger mount color would clash with my Bloodfang set?

And no, I know of no one in the major horde guilds on my server (Dragonblight) that are involved in the beta.

7. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Feel free to ask a different question then. This thread was created for everybody to ask questions, not really to debate the merit of my question...

I happen to enjoy being a dwarf shadow priest on an epic mechanostrider.

8. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

How many slots would it take to store all the runecloth to get to exalted on day 1?

9. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

I agree-- I find the fact that two people were put off by your question a lot weirder than the question itself.

10. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

780 slots.

I only have 1 main... and now I have 8 alts with a lot of full bags.

It's actually slightly less than that due to getting a little more faction from previous turnins (wool, silk, and mageweave) but that's about right... I think 768 stacks of runecloth is what I calculated but 780 will get you there from 0/3000 friendly.

11. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Please don't misunderstand. I wasn't debating the merit of the question, just pointing out that the only news I saw released concerning mounts had to do with the flying ones for the new region not anything to do with faction or rep. Then I just pointed out that as far as land based mounts go I fall into the camp of just living with the one native to my race (undead) so long as it's fast. The frostwolf and the ZG tiger do look hot though. I've never seen an alliance character on the ZG tiger, but I have seen a Tauren character with it.

And I STILL don't know anyone that has been blessed with a Beta test account.

12. nick004 macrumors regular

Another question.... They say there are going to be dificulty levels for the new raids/instances and probably not for the old ones. Does this mean raids will become easy for lvl 70's? cuz that will kill the fun of these raids. Lower character will just get groups of 70's to take them through these raids.

13. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

That is correct. Instances that are already in the game will not change in difficulty because of level 70 players. It'll be like taking a level 60 into Maraudon with you most likely.

The scaling instances are made as such so I believe ungeared level 70's can still do the instances meant for well geared level 70's but they will not receive as good of loot. Only by doing the instance on the highest difficulty will you be able to get the "phat lewtz".

14. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

Well, I hope it works out for you. Such obsessiveness\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\diligence should be rewarded.

15. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Kinda a bump to my own thread I guess but... I just got into Beta so if anybody has some questions I'll try to answer them... otherwise this thread can go die somewhere... :)

16. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

How did you get into the beta? Is there some way to request the beta, or is it more complicated than that?

17. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Well... I just got finished playing a level of Splinter Cell and I came over to my Mac, realized I had a new e-mail, and it was from Blizzard...

No idea. I really hadn't planned on it but I won't say no.

18. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

So they just invited you out of the blue? You didn't sign up to any sort of beta request list?

19. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!! I get to have a copy of the beta from work!!!! And I don't even play WOW! lol

20. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Yep. Unless I signed up without knowing! But that's doubtful. :)

21. Gee macrumors 65816

How long does it take to learn how to play a game like this? Just reading the thread outta curiousity, and those two sentences there mean absolutely nothing to me! What does it all mean ;-)

22. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You learn as you play. You get new skills (or higher levels of previous ones) every two levels and you tend to master them as you go along.

I wouldn't worry about the faction stuff since you don't play. I'd explain it but even if it did make sense it'd be a waste of your energy... :)

23. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I'd be curious to know how quickly the end game epic gear is replaced. My guild is currently raiding Molten Core and Ahn'Qiraj. The gear that we get is great but once we start leveling above 60 how long will it last?