WoW Closed Beta Ending!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by AoWolf, Oct 28, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

2. macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

After 6 months of playing I'm actually sad. Not for the fact that my characters are toast but because I really really enjoy this game.

Can't wait for Nov. 22nd now :)

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Didn't you hear you won't be wiped at least as far as we know. So in the stress test you can gank all us Noobs

4. macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

You're characters will not become toast. You'll recieve instructions on what to do to keep them if you are an ACTIVE beta tester.

5. macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

Dude, it's over. Yay, I get to keep my characters until retail... which is now less than a month away :)

ACTIVE? I was playing all day... guess I'm not active :p

6. macrumors 65816

Now can we all stop saying "it's nowhere near done...1st Q 2005 earliest." Nov. 15th I'll be in line to wait for the store to open to pick up my copy :D.

go horde go! :D :eek: :p

7. macrumors 68000

ouch. HL2 and WoW at the same time?

quality gaming overload...

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Hey wanna lend a fellow mac user some gold when it gets to retail... ;)
    Unless your hoard then you must decorate my blade with blood.

9. macrumors member

thats the spirit!!!!! :D

10. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

It was good while it lasted....

11. macrumors 65816

it's horde.

and i shall eat your heart then braid my mane with your intestines.

then after i have decorated myself in cool tribal tatoos using your blood, i will defecate on your corpse.

horde horde horde! ra ra sis boom ba!

12. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I wasn't gonna try this, but you guys make it sound so appealing that I might just have to... I do love blizzard games. :D

13. macrumors member

(Just to clarify in case someone misinterprets what he's saying)

...for the stress test, but I doubt for retail. That'd be a poor decision to keep them in retail.

"All active closed-beta accounts will remain active, and closed-beta testers will be receiving an email with instructions on what to do to continue playing in the stress test."

By active, I think they mean not locked accounts, not time spent playing.

14. macrumors member

Well by the time I get back from Holiday I will be able to pick up a copy, sounds like fun to me, what a good excuse not to go out in the cold nasty weather.

Now where do you learn to be nasty and warrior like in a game, can I not just make pretty things,

15. thread starter macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Bah

16. Moderator emeritus

yellow

The more I read about this game, the more I get sucked into it.. having not beta tested it (yet, looking forward to the open beta on.. Monday maybe?), I've not experienced it first hand. Yet. Hopefully the monthly fee will be low. Low enough so my wife won't get sniffy. :)

17. macrumors regular

Think there's any possibility the open beta/stresss test would start this weekend? How have things worked in the past?

I was in the stress test, but can't remember.

18. Moderator emeritus

yellow

I don't know for sure, but I kinda doubt it. I believe the closed beta has been months of hard work for the folks at Blizzard. I suspect the end of the closed beta means that the end is in sight for them. If their management is 1/2 as good as I think they are, they'll give their people the weekend off and encourage them to enjoy Halloween, and then start fresh early next week on the final open beta/stress test.

This is all speculation on my part.

I still wonder if they can ship by 11/15. If they just finished closed beta, they still have to go to gold master, duplication, and then ship it. Can that all be done in 2 weeks?

19. macrumors regular

Little off topic but...has anyone else tried playing the beta with a 6800 ultra? I can play with all of the graphics options turned all of the way up except for one and stay at or above 30fps. The one that I can't turn on is called full screen bloom affect...whenever I turn this on, my frames drop to unplayable, like under 5fps. I am wondering if this is a problem with the beta, with NVIDIA or what.

20. macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

nVidia. Driver fix coming in 10.3.6.

21. thread starter macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Oh man that makes my iBook fell so pitiful.

22. macrumors regular

Oh okay, thanks a lot. That's a relief.

23. macrumors 6502

NVIDIA has reproduced this bug and has a good understanding of what causes it. It afflicts the fx5200 driver also. There is no stated timetable to a fix - all that means is, they are figuring out how to fix it in the driver and we don't yet know what update it will go into. Restated, do not assume 10.3.6 will have a fix for this issue. It might, it might not.

Rob

24. macrumors 65816

damn vivendia! they are releasing dates when its not even ready! argh. im so mad :(.

open beta tuesday! (like i said almost a month ago...).

"We appreciate everyone's interest in determining when World of Warcraft will ship, but while we are rapidly approaching the open beta period and we are confident that we will meet our goal of shipping the game before the end of this year, nailing down an exact ship date is a little more complicated due to a number of factors. As soon as we have a specific date to announce, we will be excited to share the news with everyone. Please don't consider any announced release dates official until such an announcement comes from Blizzard. This is true for all announcements related to Blizzard games."

25. macrumors 6502a

ijimk

when is the next stress test approximated? when is retail release?(I heard rumor of nov 14) I can't wait to play this damn game...... I had so much fun playing the stress test GO BLIZZARD! :D