WoW content patch available today

Discussion in 'Games' started by shortyjj, Mar 22, 2005.

1. shortyjj macrumors regular

2. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

I have a 60 warrior so this one is really nice for me.

3. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Any Mac performance improvements mentioned in the release notes or is it strictly a content patch?

4. JasonL macrumors regular

It's something like a 61MB download. I just finished downloading it and would recommend others do so before the servers come back up.

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Patch Notes?

Anyone know where the current patch notes are? The ones on the WoW site are still from the last patch in Feb. The test servers notes look interesting, though, assuming some of the things from that made it to this patch, like the meeting stones.

Hoping for some small improvements in performance with this one as well, although it really does run surprisingly well on my iMac G5, a machine noted for sucking with games :rolleyes: .

Rob

6. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

There is a sticky thread in the official WoW forums in the General section. It has a link to the release notes. It is huge.

7. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Actually those test server patch notes are exactly what today's patch contains. The patch released today was being bug tested on the test servers, and has now been released for the rest of us.

Edit: I've gone ahead and attached the patch notes file that was downloaded along with the patch. I deleted everything that was in there from previous patches to reduce the file's size, so everything in there was added for this patch.

Attached Files:

8. Macamus Prime macrumors regular

Lightbringer had a pretty low popualation. Once most people patched and Lightbringer was up, it got swamped. Like waiting a day would kill some of these players.

I can connect, but once I do, the server selection comes up and NO servers are listed. The main site is down, so moving a character to another server is out of the question. And contacting support is impossible at this point.

WoW is a great game. It's a shame it's popularity makes it unplayable at times.

9. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

They finally enabled Anistropic Filtering. Makes the game look much nicer. There is also some UI Lag option that I dont know about. Turning draw distance any higher than the lowest setting kills frame rates. I can still crank everything all the way up my PC and get great frame rates.

10. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

The AF is up to max on my 6800 GT with a small INCREASE (that's right :)) in FPS.