WoW - Corrupt Portrait Since UK Patch.

Discussion in 'Games' started by IscariotJ, Mar 25, 2005.

1. IscariotJ macrumors 6502a

Since I patched this morning, the character portrait and enemy portrait now "tear". Is this something that I can fix, or is it something Blizzard will have to look at? I'm on a Rev D PowerBook ( 10.39 ). Anyone else getting this?

2. Munntendo macrumors newbie

I've had the same problem with the character portrait after the last patch. Also, the game seems to run a bit more slowly. Now when I fly into a city via Gryphon, it takes a few seconds after for all of the objects to appear. Its a pity too because up until now all of the patches have improved performance, now that they've got a patch with some significant new game content it starts acting screwy on me.

3. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

After i finally downloaded the patch, 3 BLOODY HOURS!, i was treated to the weirdest graphic glitch i've ever seen.

Imagine, the screen looks normal but over the screen is an image of a texture magnified 1000% that obscures what you can see, if some parts of the screen you could make out and some could not.

Upgraded my PC's 8500 drivers and all was sorted.

And before i forget, can't see underwater now.

Wonderful!

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hmm, the latest patch has improved the game for me - it now looks 'better' but I can't put my finger on what's different. Maybe the problems you're having are only in the UK version (we have the US version here).

5. ja0912 macrumors member

Oh no. My US Mac version is completely messed up with the patch. I have NEON WEEDS everywhere (sometimes neon blue, sometimes neon purple, sometimes neon green) and a large geometric chunks of the landscape occasionally change to that color.

haven't even tried underwater.

edit: i just read how to potentially fix this... so, ignore me.

6. andrewfee macrumors 6502

The game looks better here too; it looks like they've finally got the full-screen glow effect looking the same as the PC version. On previous versions it added a lot of aliasing, and made the game look like it wasn't running on my screen's native resolution. (made everything blurry)

Now it looks like it should, so I'm using it, even if it does drop my framerate by 10-20fps. (I don't care, it looks so pretty :D)

7. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Now i've discovered i can't see underwater, another graphic glitch.

And with the newest ATI 8500 drivers and DirectX 9.0C and the latest WOW patch - what am i supposed to do?

8. IscariotJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

Possible Fix.

After playing around with the various options, unticking Full Screen Glow Effect, seems to have fixed the issues I was having with the portraits. From some of the posts from Blizzards forum, it seems to fix a few other problems, as well, including being able to see underwater!

HTH.

9. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Thanks, i'll have a fiddle after i go down to the shops and buy an easter egg for my GF.

We didn't buy any this year but she went postal this morning when i nibbled on one here mum gave her :eek:

Me in bad books! :(