WoW Demo - Cannot create account

Discussion in 'Games' started by someguy, Sep 12, 2006.

1. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I've downloaded and installed the WoW demo on my PowerBook, but I cannot play it unless I create an account, which apparently... isn't free?

Can someone tell me how I can demo this game? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks. :)

2. tvguru macrumors 6502

I can give you a free 10 day trial. If you would like it PM me your email and I'll send it out.

Edit:
    It is my understanding you either do that or you buy the game, but I've been wrong before.

3. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

I believe you need a credit card also, as some kind of verification. Though it isn't billed.

4. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Yeah, have someone send you a free account hookup, which I will to anyone who needs one. Then you just need a credit card. A plus is that it isn't one of those "you must cancel before the end of your serivce or we will start charging you." All they need it for is verificiation, so when your free ten days are up, it asks if you would like to upgrade to the full game (39.99) w/ a free month.

In stores it can be found for 29.99, but I don't know if it comes with a free month or not (suspect it does).

The game is highly addicting and this is coming from someone who doesn't really get into games.

Also just for info, it runs great on my mac mini 1.66 Duo w/ 2GB, albeit with the video turned down some.

5. iggyb macrumors member

need account

You will need to create an account (and provide a credit card number), but the demo is still free for 10 days. The reason you need an account is because your character is preserved with all the data (level, weapons, training, etc) on their servers. You simply login with your account and all your stuff is back. That way you get to experience most of what WoW has to offer over 10 days.

Be warned...this game is ADDICTING! I pretty much stay away from games on my Mac and just buy console games. However, WoW is by far my favorite game and it rocks on a Mac. Blizzard is very supportive of the platform, and releases to Windows and Mac have been simultaneous. In fact, Blizzard had WoW released for Intel (Universal) Macs in the blink of an eye. You'll love the game!