WoW disconnecting every half hour

Discussion in 'Games' started by figmentpigment, Jun 30, 2006.

1. figmentpigment macrumors member

so i have no idea whats going on. literally every half hour on WoW, ..the game messes up. it wont let me exit out of it so i have to restart the entire computer, and it leaves me in the game so i can run around and stuff, but all the other characters just sit. and dont move. it still *says* im logged in, but im obviously not since nothing in the game is changing and people cant see me move.

at that point, i cant log out *or* exit. it wont respond, at all. i can run around. thats it.

this has happened about four times now and its getting really annoying.

so, what the hell do i do?
    is this in any way related to the aggrevating thing that pops up every now and then on the desktop asking me if i want to disconnect?
    and is there a way to exit the game when the games exit button doesnt work? or just some way to get back to the desktop from the WoW screen?

please and thank you.

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Hmm, it sounds like you are getting disconnected from the internet. Do you have any preferences that disconnect automatically if you don't do anything for 30 minutes? Might be it doesn't recognize that you're online.

When you are lagging in the game, you can always use Alt+Cmd+Q to exit the game, though this will not disconnect you. You should be disconnected automatically after a few minutes though, when you don't do anything.

3. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

well i have been trying to DL the trial of wow and it has been very slow lately...

4. figmentpigment thread starter macrumors member

i have no idea how i would even change preferences like that. this is only my second day with my first mac ever. so. but i do get a popup every now and then asking if i want to disconnect. i tried to figure out how to make it stop but couldnt.

5. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

How are you connected to the Internet? Wired or wireless? Do you use a router?

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

keep ichat or msn signed in while you play, then when your disconnected see if msn/aim is still logged in or not.

7. figmentpigment thread starter macrumors member

wired and no router. its a dsl modem hooked directly to thew all and computer

and i did stay signed in to msn and it stayed connected. but ive been told msn could stay connected even if the internet messed up for a bit cause it takes so little to keep running.

8. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i usually find msn to be the most sensitive app to disconnections.

9. figmentpigment thread starter macrumors member

it seems like that was the case on my dell, too. but on here its the last to notice.