Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
I am an Apple 6S Plus owner. Waiting on my Jet Black 7 Plus in about a week or so.

Looking through all these threads on this forum you would think this new Apple phone is a total bust.

Let's hear some positive stories from phone owners that actually love their new phone. Please, help get our hopes up....

Reactions: Jetcat3 and vishalc

anopy1

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
I went from a 6S to 7+. I'm surprised at how much I love it. I feared it would be too large but I'm finding that I like the larger size much better. I've been a bit disappointed in the low light pictures but hoping that will improve. Otherwise I think it's quite a bit faster than my 6s.

Reactions: Jetcat3

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I just think people were expecting a noticeable difference in speed/performace, and that is not the reality. Phones, whether IOS or Android, are at a peak. Yearly updates seem to make less and less sense. That coupled with a similar design and people are questioning the upgrade decision.

The average Joe is not going to notice the different in photos, unless they are editing them. The 3GB of RAM will probably not come into play for YEARS down the road. Apple still supports devices with 512mb of RAM.

entraik

Suspended
Jan 22, 2009
the iPhone 7 is a huge disappointment from what I've read and seen (especially with camera quality).. but nonetheless, I'm getting my Jet Black Plus tomm and will give it a test run for a week. If I'm not a fan, I'm going back to the Note 7 ...which is now explosion free! :D

Reactions: ceva321

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
loving the camera, loving the new home button feeling, love the speakers, extra RAM helps things moving fast, waterproofing is a silent but excellent addition. Not sure what else people want? I've been using bluetooth headphones for a while now so don't give a crap about a missing jack; can't wait until wires are a thing of the past.

Jal217

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2015
I actually love this 7 plus. I have the flat black because I'm impatient. I couldn't be happier.

1) I love the optical zoom. I have a new niece and I don't have to shove my phone in her face to get a closeup. It even gets a very minor blurring of the background because of the telephoto lenses have more depth of field. Awesome pictures of her.

2) It's a brand new phone so I know it won't last, but so far the battery is amazing.

3) It's fast. Like fast fast. I use a lot of workflows and it handles the complicated ones noticeably faster than my 6s plus did.

4) Maybe I'm rare, but I love the home button. I hated how the physical button felt if you didn't click it in the center of the button. Now it's just easy to click even if you miss the button center a little. It always feels the same. I only don't like how screenshots feel because one button is virtual and one is real.

5) The top speaker is a game changer for me. It's just a louder phone so that's great. The best part though is I can watch a video and when my hand covers the side speaker by accident, I can still hear things.

iKimm

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
LOVE mine! Had a 6s Plus and now the 7 plus. The speaker sounds great, it is faster and the camera is definitely better, especially in low light. I didn't like the new home button for the first 10 minute and now I love it! Have mine set on #3. Very happy :p:D:rolleyes:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I actually love this 7 plus. I have the flat black because I'm impatient. I couldn't be happier.

1) I love the optical zoom. I have a new niece and I don't have to shove my phone in her face to get a closeup. It even gets a very minor blurring of the background because of the telephoto lenses have more depth of field. Awesome pictures of her.

2) It's a brand new phone so I know it won't last, but so far the battery is amazing.

3) It's fast. Like fast fast. I use a lot of workflows and it handles the complicated ones noticeably faster than my 6s plus did.

4) Maybe I'm rare, but I love the home button. I hated how the physical button felt if you didn't click it in the center of the button. Now it's just easy to click even if you miss the button center a little. It always feels the same. I only don't like how screenshots feel because one button is virtual and one is real.

5) The top speaker is a game changer for me. It's just a louder phone so that's great. The best part though is I can watch a video and when my hand covers the side speaker by accident, I can still hear things.

I think the home button will grow on people. I was one of the people who hated it at first, but you adjust and it is the future of iPhones so you kind of have to adjust.

I'm actually more excited for airpods than the phones haha.

Jal217

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2015
I think the home button will grow on people. I was one of the people who hated it at first, but you adjust and it is the future of iPhones so you kind of have to adjust.

I'm actually more excited for airpods than the phones haha.
I totally agree about the air pods. Other than people complaining about the design, I've only heard good things.

Reactions: mrskullfreak

EezyE

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
I'm perfectly happy with mine. I think it's a great phone. Coming from a 4.7 inch 6, the improvements are very noticeable to me.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
I am an Apple 6S Plus owner. Waiting on my Jet Black 7 Plus in about a week or so.

Looking through all these threads on this forum you would think this new Apple phone is a total bust.

Let's hear some positive stories from phone owners that actually love their new phone. Please, help get our hopes up....
It's just that Apple has slacked off on quality control. iPhone 7 isn't a bad phone but it does suffer from several issues with software and hardware.

Of course many new owners will deny this, but the honesty of those who are reporting their true first hand experience is priceless. They're saving people like me tons of money, saving us from wasting time and avoiding the frustration you're reading about in thread after thread.

This is the true value of this forum, I appreciate the opportunity to avoid buying into Apple's problems.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
It's just that Apple has slacked off on quality control. iPhone 7 isn't a bad phone but it does suffer from several issues with software and hardware.

Of course many new owners will deny this, but the honesty of those who are reporting their true first hand experience is priceless. They're saving people like me tons of money, saving us from wasting time and avoiding the frustration you're reading about in thread after thread.

This is the true value of this forum, I appreciate the opportunity to avoid buying into Apple's problems.

This happens every year. You're rationalizing your decision not to purchase the iPhone 7.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

What hardware/software problems is the phone suffering from? Serious question.

I understand the + upgrades b.c you get better camera, RAM, and new colors. The 6S --> 7 is a much harder decision.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
I went from the 6S Plus to the 7 Plus. I like the new home button. Screen is slightly warmer, but in a pleasing way. Much better phone call quality. I like iOS 10 and the updated Apple Music. There are still lots of glitches in the Apple Upgrade Program, which need to be worked out.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
I super love my new 7plus, keep in mind unhappy folks come to comment on forums, happy ones are busy enjoying their new toy! But I love my 7+, the new home button is great, super fast(from my 6plus), enjoying the louder speaker system, lots of happiness here!

Last edited:

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
What hardware/software problems is the phone suffering from? Serious question.

I understand the + upgrades b.c you get better camera, RAM, and new colors. The 6S --> 7 is a much harder decision.
I'm part of a large family of long time Apple customers. Both my brothers and three of my sisters pre-ordered and received their iPhone 7 Plus models launch day. We all got together last night to talk about their new phones.

Since this is the first year I didn't feel the new phone was worth it, I was particularly interested in seeing if the reports of problems here were true. As I mentioned I don't think it's a bad phone, it just has more bugs and annoyances than any iPhone I've ever had and I've bought every new iPhone each year since the original.

The noise that's heard when doing processor intense work is very real and being reported on by credible sources like other Apple sites.

The other issues are more personal preferences.

Reactions: Maggiep67

Jal217

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2015
I'm part of a large family of long time Apple customers. Both my brothers and three of my sisters pre-ordered and received their iPhone 7 Plus models launch day. We all got together last night to talk about their new phones.

Since this is the first year I didn't feel the new phone was worth it, I was particularly interested in seeing if the reports of problems here were true. As I mentioned I don't think it's a bad phone, it just has more bugs and annoyances than any iPhone I've ever had and I've bought every new iPhone each year since the original.

The noise that's heard when doing processor intense work is very real and being reported on by credible sources like other Apple sites.

The other issues are more personal preferences.
Your only problem is the sound of the phone? That is not a quality issue. That is common in all iPhones. https://www.google.com/amp/amp.imor...e-7-really-making-strange-sound?client=safari

That's just the sound it makes when under intense load. There are no other quality issues that have been commonly reported as far as I know. It seems like as far as you know as well because you couldn't come up with a response. The build quality of this phone is of the highest standard per usual. I've had every iPhone since the 4. This is the most solid feeling phone I've had from buttons to balance etc.

Reactions: Michmeister

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I tried one out in a Best Buy yesterday and was impressed. My preorder arrives in a month. The display looked terrific, the added color depth of the photos was definitely noticeable, the force touch home button felt solid, and I loved the 2x optical zoom. It was also screaming fast.

I've watched every launch and what you're seeing here happens every time. The people who post most are the unhappy ones. Initial production glitches are inevitable so we hear more about defective units too. And some folks don't like the design changes and get vocal about that too. Just how it goes. In all likelihood you will love yours.
[doublepost=1474217120][/doublepost]

Yeah but that's just happening to a small percentage of them, right?

Reactions: Jal217 and Jetcat3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.