WoW European Servers

Discussion in 'Games' started by harveypooka, Jan 3, 2006.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I've just bought WoW for my new iMac...does anyone know any good European WoW servers? I was told by a friend that the game experience can be determined by the server you're playing on...for instance, some have loads of kids just killing/no quest based stuff. Not sure if there's any truth in this, but hey. Is there a MacRumors group for WoW?

2. ugru macrumors regular

ugru

First of all you have to choose if you want to play a Normal or a PVP server.

Normal: killing mobs, gather experience and casual pvp only if you want or in the battlegrounds.

Pvp: very dangerous for noobs and full of player killers, more difficult but also more exciting to play.

Then choose a low population server otherwise you will queue for hours before entering the server.

i am italian and i say to you: stay away from crushridge for example, full of children and lamers.

3. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Sounds like I want normal play. I'd like to play a bit of story and then maybe kill stuff later...still digesting the tome of an instruction manual included. Cheers.

4. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Don't pick a Full one. Low population ones are Ok, but it can be harder to get into Battlegrounds (not enough people).

In addition to Normal and PvP servers, there's also RP and RP-PvP servers. They're pretty much the same as Normal and PvP, except that you're expected to play in-character at all times (also known as "roleplaying" ;))

If you search the game forums, you'll find one or two threads where people list their characters and the server they're on.

Personally, I just picked the server my friends played on, and it worked out Ok (medium pop. PvP server, The Maelstrom).

5. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Ahh ok, RP it is then. I'm just setting up my account details as we speak...

6. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

I would Highly recommend a PvP server. After you hit level 60 its just way more fun. You won't get attacked all to often and for every person that attacks you there will be someone for you to attack. At least in my opinion fighting other players and dealing with what they can throw at you is half the game. Also PvP can still be loads of fun pre level 60. I remember raiding stonetalon at level 26 with a group of low level alliance some of the most fun I have ever had in wow.

7. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Is PvP just fighting though? I'd like to explore and do some quests...

8. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

You can explore and do quests on PvP servers too. It just means that you'll have to watch out of hostile players too (although there's a few safe zones).

I prefer PvP servers, but it might be a good idea to start out on a Normal server first.

This thread was mentioned on the front page of WoW Europe. Might be worth a look:

Recommended realms

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You can't win though! When I started playing in 2004, I let the game automatically select a server for me (Bronzebeard). It was designated Low at the time. Now I often need to wait 10-20 minutes to get in :(

10. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

I started playing last night on Moonglade (chosen automatically). It's bloody excellent. 8 hours solid until the server shutdown for maintenance (apparentnly there's a new 1.9 patch). Meet some people, played in party - went exploring at level way North, got killed about 10 times. Am now Level 5 and need some cash. My armour is falling to bits, but I love it. Graphics are very nice indeed! Woot!

11. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Tiauguinho

Hello Harvey!

Glad you joined WoW! We got a few mac users on Azsune, since we Team G5 have our guild there. You can contact me in game via Tiauguinho. Best of luck and good hunting!

12. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

If you guys are alliance I might start a new character on aszune, any chance I can join up?

13. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Tiauguinho

Hey Patmian212!

For the Horde!! We a horde guild, but if you still wanna join up, you are welcome between us, send me a mail ingame if im not online.

14. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

HMMMMMM, I guess I could go horde, but I will have to be tauren, ok will send you an ingame message some time soon.

15. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Woot! Will to Tiaug! My name, uncannily enough is Harveypooka! I've just played WoW for 7 hours solid. Ah man, we raided the mines that were infested...blah blah. Anyway, we all know how good it is! I have to write an essay tomorrow, but then bang on 6PM I'll be online...great when you're starting your second semester at Uni isn't it? Game addiction!