WoW Expansion Info!

Discussion in 'Games' started by AoWolf, Oct 28, 2005.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

2. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Keep subscription, cancel subscription, keep subscription, cancel subscription...... argghghhhhh. I can't decide.

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Mine is cancelled until they fix paladins, which could be indefinitely. :(

4. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Paladins are the focus of the next 1.9 patch. I got a lv35 pally who can't wait.

The new expansion looks great, but I expect it will take at least a year to release it. Blizzard does take a long time to get games to market. I'm looking forward to it.

lasuther

5. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

That's probably just about how long time I'll need to get any character up to lvl60, so I'm OK with that. :p

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Level 60 paladin wearing multiple end game epic (purple) items...just couldn't take it any more...:eek:

7. hyperpasta macrumors 6502a

hyperpasta

Nice!

To sum up, we have:

- Two new races: Blood Elves for the Horde and a mystery for the Alliance.
    - Level cap at 70
    - Flying Mounts (!)
    - New profession: Jewel casting
    - Socketable items: This gem to that base = this item for instanc
    - New continent

8. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

with 20million people paying $14.99 a month for 'networking', and 'ongoing content'... this should be a free upgrade...

Ahhh... i too am torn...

9. AoWolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

I am going to be a blood elf warrior I think. Although if you read my sig thats not such a sunrise. I think this may turn the balance in favor of the horde.

10. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Lots of people like the horde as a faction, but want characters that are at least vaguely nice-looking...there will be a massive surge in Horde players as soon as blood elves come out. If Pandaren arre the alliance new race (hehe...they'd be fun to crush on my UD warrior), I think the game would become blood elves vs. pandaren, solely.:p

11. AoWolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Many people hate the idea of pandarens as a race. All in all I don't think they would be too bad I guess we will have to wait and see.

12. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

i am the same way. I want to play but dont like the game becoming the only thing i think about. I am not one of those people who when they aren't sleeping they are on the game :confused: man i am torn...

13. pat_24 macrumors newbie

can someone help me with wow and os x firewall

it keep telling me im behind the os x firewall. I try forwarding port like they say on the support page, but i must do something wrong.

Can someone help me, maybe posting a pic of their firewall setting or something ?

thank you

14. ghostee macrumors 6502

Is your computer connected to a router? If so, you'll need to forward the port on the router to your computers IP address.

15. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

New things etc is nice, but increased lvls isn't good..

Ppl that have struggled to gain equip etc and have run MC/BWL for awhile and have gained much epics, that suddenly are weaker than a normal lvl 70 blue..

Also imagine MC with 40x lvl 70.. lol lets raid hogger instead!

16. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Yes, and the problem is? It's not like the people with lots of Epics are forbidden from going up to lvl 70.

17. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Just that ppl that have been 60 for a long time and worked hard to get really good equipment suddenly are equal to others that just turned 60, because like tier 1 epics are equal to lvl 66 item and tier 2 comparable to a lvl 76 item.

If the same formula will continue will blue drops from a lvl 70 farmable boss be as good as Ragnaros drops.

The lvl raise truly benefit ppl that haven't got endgame gear and guild that have used months in mc/bwl will suddenly see ppl that have better blues than their tier 2 epics..

18. AoWolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Yes but those of us with epics will defiantly have an easier ride to level 70 then you noobs without them :p ;)

19. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

well i finally decided to try and get my lvl 31 warrior to 60 before the next exp comes out. I play on icecrown lemme know if anyone else plays on the horde side there :D