WoW Free Servers?

Discussion in 'Games' started by slooksterPSV, Dec 28, 2006.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

So is there a difference in the worlds for WoW free servers? I'm downloading the game right now where they have the 10 day free trial, so I'm getting the entire game for free =P. But I googled for WoW Sys Reqs and found out there are free servers. I take it it doesn't cost to use the free servers, of course right?, but has anyone played on them? If so are the worlds different?

There we go

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Blizzard hasn't released any server software, so all the free servers are built from the ground up, or worse, from leaked code. Since they're replications, you'll find that they don't work properly. I've seen a couple where patrols stand still, creatures won't die, objects are in the wrong place, items won't work, etc. I don't recommend trying to use them.

3. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

Also, from what I understand, the free servers can adjust parts of the game how they want. Ex: Unlimited level cap, skill changes, boss changes, etc. I don't know for sure, but if this is true, then its an entirely different game.

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

5. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Oh ok, I didn't know they were illegal, I'm still downloading the game so yeah. Dang, oh well I'll buy the cards and play on the Blizzard servers.

6. pcypert macrumors 6502

You might check out something like Neverwinter Nights if you want free online and constant changes and updates...

I used to be peeved about paying for WOW till I looked at how much I spent on stupid things like Cokes and Videos and stuff like that. Now I just cut back on those things since I'm spending my time playing WOW anyways

Paul

7. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

I hear you, I just started playing WoW only recently. When it first came out I was annoyed that you needed to pay but now that I have thought about it I've wasted more money on useless things, if those are cut down on then there isn't really a problem.