WoW game question

Discussion in 'Games' started by iBrandi, Jan 31, 2007.

1. iBrandi macrumors member

I downloaded the 10 day free trial software for WoW on my pc but I will be getting my mac in a couple of weeks and I am getting the cd-rom software to install the game on the mac since I don't have anyway of transferring the game from my pc to my mac. My question is would I still be able to use the same account that I set up under my PC? or would I have to completely start over? Thanks !

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

You can use your account from whatever computer you want, as long as WoW is installed. Doesn't matter if it's a Mac or a PC. You won't have any UI enhancements you perhaps installed for yourself though. You need to install those again.

3. iBrandi thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Also, I was wondering since I will already have an account there is no need to buy a retail version so would I be able to d/l the free trial full game on my mac and then just log in with my same account info? It would save me $20 so I don't have to buy a retail copy.

4. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

pretty sure yes, as the trial is basically just a crippled accnt, not an app.

i think.

5. iBrandi thread starter macrumors member

Yea. It said that it was the full game so it should be okay. I went ahead and subscribed to the full month. I'm already addicted. :D

6. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I think Blizzard will add the $20 to the first monthly fee, so you won't save it unfortunately...