WoW Grimtotem Post

Discussion in 'Games' started by DrStrangelove, Apr 28, 2006.

1. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Okay, so some of you will remember I'm new to WoW. My Shaman is approaching lvl 21-- I'll be there tonight.

Anyway, I started a quest that for the first time has me going into contested territory. Just as I was heading through the pass south of Stonetotem Mountains (I'm a tauren) I came upon these creatures that were hostile but they looked like Taurens.

I don't get it. I know that I can get attacked in contested and alliance territories but what are these things that look like my character yet hate me?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's just like in real life how some people hate others (hence wars). Some tauren hate others.

3. DrStrangelove thread starter macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Interesting. I didn't know that was possible. So those Tauren that hated me will also hate Alliance members based on the fact that they're from the other faction?

4. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Some NPCs just hate everyone (in fact, most of them do). In this case, it just seems weird because they are Tauren just like you. Don't read too much into it, just check for red above NPC heads, and be ready to kill anything - don't get distracted by what they look like!

ps - You were in the Stonetalon Mountains, not Stonetotem. Just throwing that out there.

5. DrStrangelove thread starter macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Yeah, heh, my bad. People shouldn't drink and WoW.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Actually we're doing just that for our guild birthday - do a raid, and drink every time you die. It'll be ugly :p

7. DrStrangelove thread starter macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Since you seem to know so much.

How do you dive when you're swimming on a mac?

Is it different in window mode as opposed to full screen? I've done it accidentally but I cna't figure it out.

I even looked up swimming on thottbot and found nothing.

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

9. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

for swimming hold left camera button to move camera under water. but hold both to move character around. so move him to swim down like you would move camera to look down. but hold both mouse buttons then the camera should go down with your character. also you may want to go to the interface menu to change camera styles. but it should be default to set to follow.

10. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

The change screen mode is Apple+M both ways.

The swim mode is right-click and hold to set swim direction then just swim, or apple+mouse+direction on a powerbook.

11. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

Don't even think about this unless you have a 2-button mouse. I played through my first 30 levels with a classic 1-button mouse. I never could get it to dive predictably; the few times I managed to dive by accident, I couldn't rise and ended up drowning. Once I got a 2-button mouse, I practiced for a bit and quickly got the hang of it. It's not that easy to describe-- I've read a few written descriptions and none of them were very clear. So I won't try other than to say it relies heavily on the right button.