WoW Guild

Discussion in 'Games' started by iBert, Nov 19, 2004.

1. iBert macrumors regular

iBert

Hey, are you guys interested in the idea of the Guild. 2 threads going on and both offered the idea.

Recommend what zone, server, race you'd like. I know not many will agree but a happy medium would do just fine I believe.

For me I vote Orc, whatever zone and server.

2. Barham macrumors regular

It's hard to decide what server when it's not even up yet.

I vote Tauren

-Hasta

3. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Come on, mac users should be old and wise and not evil. So I vote Night Elves.

4. paulie macrumors member

paulie

I set up guild already..

Been playing for about 6 months in the closed beta, first on my 12" PowerBook, and now on the new 15".. it runs great.

Anyway, check out www.thepandarenorder.com (under construction, but take a look anyway).. we're playing Horde on a PvP server. Will announce which server on Tuesday :)

RAR!

5. iBert thread starter macrumors regular

iBert

I could've been more specific about ther server. What type of server will ppl be playing in? I like PvP, wicked awesome!

6. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

we should all be shamans :).

tauren for me, im in a central timezone but due to my odd hours will probably go pacific.

death to the alliance! steal their women :).

three cheers for our sexy hooves!

play on a RP server...they are just too funny :D.

7. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I will not be joining a MacRumors Guild because I'm forming a local one, but I'd like to add that you are all crazy for selecting Horde.

Night Elves all the way!

8. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

Tauren bruthas and sistas

>:mad:}

I'll be playing on a PST PvE or RP server. I can't help but restart the Tauren Hunter I played during Beta. Until I get the UI down I won't be going to a PvP for continuous spankings, but once I do I'll be headed to PvP.

The FvF Raids during the last day or two were great, even if I was cannon fodder.

dot

9. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

i can't wait to spank you pathetic weaklings with my hooves :D MOOO!.

your racial traits are pretty lame though :(, which is sad because i like night elves (even if i do have a tendency to kill them :p).

10. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Nice being a Hunter on a PvP server. I hear they get owned very very badly. Happy hunting!

11. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

Too true, so I'll reply by pointing out that I won't be playing PvP with my Hunter, as I mentioned, I'll be playing PvE/"normal".

Seeing the NE warrior "ownage" during Beta Raids made it quite clear that I'd have a hard time making it as lowbie PvP Hunter. I did kill quite a few during ranged assists, but then inevitably got thumped.

It would be nice if one could train on a PvE and bring the same character to a PvP server, but it looks like this Hunter will be left to instanced PvP. I'll be sure to look you up if I decide to give it a go with a Hunter on PvP, vraxtus, though you do read as a power gamer that would likely own against my paultry keyboarding.

I appreciate your good wishes too. You usually seem so sarcastic. MOOOOO!

Lacking indeed,
    dot

12. thatwendigo macrumors 6502a

thatwendigo

If there's going to be dissent about PvP and PvE, why don't we just form two Guilds with a chapter on each type of server. That way, people who don't want to face the rigors of playing in a completely hostile environment can still take part in the camraderia of a group, and the ones who want raids and slaughter can have their way too. Make each one a separate division under the same banner, and if possible, even use the same tabards and guild names so that they match up and people know who they are.

I don't know if I'll join a PvP clan, since the idea of PvP just doesn't appeal to me much after years of being on what could be called "PvP" MUDs. Is there anyone else who'd rather go with a PvE setup?

13. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Dude, you want to be a giant walking cow... :confused:

Hmmm....

Actually I guess that's kinda cool... :D

14. iBert thread starter macrumors regular

iBert

Liked the idea of having one banner with several guilds on different server types. That be sweet! Another idea could be also, have opposite guilds on the same server. Not sure if this would work out, but just a thought.

Me Orc Warrior, me smell blood and get excited about spilling yours. :D

15. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

PvE

I'll sign on for a PvE guild. I've always enjoyed Bliz games for thier solo play options, so grouping against mobs sounds like the best way for me to learn what it is to play a MMORPG. I have yet to learn the ways of partying ingame, so it'd have to be a newbie-friendly clan.

I remember it like it was yesterday....All that kill stealing waaay back in the original Diablo, when I was taking my first furtive steps into online gaming. I was on the recieving end and man was my butt sore. I decided that I didn't pay money for that kind of fun and retired to the solo version of the game. Since then I haven't been able to maintain faith that fellow PvPers really care if I'm having a good time.

dot

16. Koree macrumors 6502

17. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

It's alright, I hear my Shaman class gets owned in PvP also. =D

18. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Night elf warrior here although I am a proud member Of Order of the Shadow. And because we are already talked about in horde forums with fear I think I will stick with them.

19. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

So how can we join up? The site doesn't allow...

20. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Don't back down night elfs!!