WoW Horde Leveling Strategy

Discussion in 'Games' started by DrStrangelove, Jun 9, 2006.

1. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

I've found the Jame's Leveling Guide for Alliance and it says one is in the works for Horde but it's not available yet.

Anyone know of any other good resources for this? His Alliance leveling guide seems REALLY well laid out.

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Do you have a link for the Alliance guide?

3. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

This guy is the man. I dont understand how he does it. Maybe he gets paid but me thinks its just out of the love of the game. Here is a Linky

He has been working on the horde one for a while, it should be nearly finished. My guess would be max another month.

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Horde levelling guide?

Hit them very hard, that tends to level them out real flat...!:D :D

If you don't already go there http://wow.allakhazam.com/ has some good general class based info for all things WoW.

5. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Horde Grinding Spots:
    0-15 - Questing fastest possible exp.
    15-20 - The Barrens - Harpies *
    15-20 - The Barrens - Bristleback(s) *
    20-25 - The Barrens - Bael Dun Exavs *
    20-25 - Hillsbrad - Hillsbrad Farmers (etc)
    22-26 - Thousand Needles - Galak Scouts (etc) *
    26-30 - Hillsbrad - Mud Gnolls *
    25-30 - Thousand Needles - Grimtotems
    30-38 - Shimmering Flats - All monsters. *
    38-40 - Dustwallow Swamp - Very North East Islands, Murlock Warriors/Oracles.

Horde And Alliance Grinding Spots:
    40-46 - Feralas - Woodpaws (stay away from the ones that disease for
    slow casting speeds) **
    46-48 - Feralas - Frayfeather Skystormers *
    48-50 - Feralas - Harpies
    48-51 - Southwest of Gadgetzan - Thistleshrubs *
    50-54 - Western Plaguelands - First 'field' to the left, assorted monsters.
    54-60 - Western Plaguelands - Scarlet Lumberjacks
    52-60 - Eastern Dire Maul - Lashers ****

* = Recommended

EXP Rates:
    Levels 30-40 = 18-20k exp/hour
    Levels 40-51 = 20-25k exp/hour
    Levels 52-60 = 40-50k exp/hour (Dire Maul)

Power Leveling
    This is the method the power levelers have used since closed beta and I finally got one of them to give it up. It is by no means the way to go if you want to maximize your experience in the game as this method will bypass almost all the content in the game and essentially ignore many of the fun, unique aspects of WoW. This is not recommended for new players and is meant for players who already have experienced the content and just want to level up an alt to play with their level 60 friends (ie. your level 60 instance group needs a priest and there are no priests to be had). As a benchmark to how successful you are with this, download cosmos (Cosmos) and use the clock feature to measure your xp/hour. At level 50 you should be getting about 40,000+/hour. 1-20: Newbie lands, stick to the friendly zones (not contested). Just grind. The quests are a waste of time up to level 20 if you are focusing on maxing out xp per hour. 20-26: Wetlands quests and raptors/slime/orcs for grinding. Redridge mountain Lakeshire quests.

26-30: Duskwood quests and undead for grinding. Hillsbrad critter roamers for grinding.

30-35: Did these all in a day on Daggerspines in Hillsbrad right next to Southshore along the coast. Huge spawn, very fast respawn rate, easy mobs to kill. Purgation isle (island in the very far Southwest water area of Hillsbrad) also a nice secluded place you can grind on undead.

36-40: Hillsbrad southshore quests. Desolace quests and kodo grinding for 36-38, then Undead Ravagers in the southeast for 38-40. Cresting exiles at the circle of outer binding in Arathi also for 37-41; extremely easy mobs with a fast respawn. Alterac ogres from 35-40 for grinding. Drywhisker kobolds in Arathi east of Hammerfall for 36-39 for grinding.

41-45: Hinterlands trolls, owl beasts, and wolves for grinding and quests. Badlands ogres, gnolls, and quests.

45-48: Tanaris quests and pirates on the eastern paninsula for grinding. Stranglethorn vale quests (only if you need rewards imo). Badlands greater elementals for grinding.

48-52: Felwood deadwood gnolls for grinding and quests from the sanctuary in the south. Blasted lands dreadmauls for grinding. Un'goro crater (best started at 50) for primarily quests and grinding off the plants and tar elementals. Azshara undead highbornes and thunderhead hyppogriffs for grinding.

52-55: Azshara blood elves for grinding. Burning steppes dreadmaul rock ogre caves firegut ogres (very low AC) for grinding. Felwood irontree woods and cave for grinding (great spot). Western plaguelands questing for argent dawn and grinding on undead throughout the various camps.

55-58: Eastern plaguelands quests from the sanctuary, grinding on undead at the ruined towns. Winterspring grinding at winterfall village or Lake Kel'Theril undead highbornes (my personal favorite camp). Blackrock Stronghold in Burning Steppes for grinding.

58-60: "The" yeti cave in Winterspring, due Southeast of Everlook (very nice place). Grosh Gok compound ogres in Deadwind pass (great spot, no one knows about it). Eastern plaguelands Fungal Vale undead grinding and argent dawn token farming. Moonowls in northeast winterspring for grinding.

10-13 Dreadmaw Crocolisks in the river between Durator and Barrens. 14,000 exp per hour

13-16 Southsea Bandits and Cannoneers south of Ratchet. 14,000 exp per hour

16-19 Theramore Marines outside Norwatch Keep. 16,000 exp per hour

19-22 South Barrens Stormhides and Quilboards. 18,000 exp per hour.

22-24 Bears and Spiders right outside Tarren Mill. 20,000 exp per hour

24-26 Centaur north of Freewind Post in 1,000 Needles (outside the cave) 20,000 exp per hour (lots of mining opportunities; Tin, Iron)

26-30 Centaur north of Freewind Post in 1,000 Needles (inside the cave) 20,000 exp per hour (lots of mining opportunities; Iron, Gold, some Mithril)

30-32 Roguefeather Harpies inside cave on south wall of 1,000 Needles. 20,000 exp per hour (lots of mining opportunities; Iron, Gold)

Note: The Kurzen areas are generally considered broken now; especially for Horde on PvP servers. But it's all I currently know at this level as the spot was so good at the time, that is all I did from 32-42.

32-37 Kurzen camp in North Stranglethorn Vale (outside cave) 26,000 -32,000 exp per hour. This actually got better as I went up in level as long as no one else was at the camp. At level 36, I tested about 1/4 of the level and my experience rate was 32,640 per hour when I had to stop and go sell.

37-42 Kurzen camp in North Stranglethorn (inside cave) 29,000 - 34,000 exp per hour; 5-7 gold per hour. Go in past the Kurzen Commandos and Kurzen Headhunters to the Elites and Witchdoctors. The Commandos have armor, and stun you when they are low on life, so they are poor experience, but the Elites and Witchdoctors inside are the same old no-armor experience givers. I told my guild this area is just a leveling field with juicy experiene berries waiting to be plucked. I'm currently 39 here, and still doing full levels in just about 2 hours of grinding.

I didn't grind as exclusively from here on out, so I'm going to shotgun a few spots and level ranges that felt "Good". I still measured exp per hour, but this was just after the last patch where they upgraded armor and HP on most monsters I grind on, so exp definitely slowed down.

42 - 45 Woodpaw Gnolls in Feralas, south of Camp Mojache. Stay away from the Trappers and Brutes IMO, and head further south to the Mystics and Reavers. I liked the area that was still on flat land with a couple of Alpha camps on raised mounds. I usually avoided the alphas as they tended to be bugged/grouped in a cluster of 3. Spell disruption is a must for the Mystics. I cleared about 24k exp per hour here typically.

42-44 Ogres in Feralas. Due north of camp Mojache in the mountains. The Mages are best if you have spell disruption, but I worked through all of them and they were all good experience. The Brutes will throw you, so make sure they don't throw you into an add. 20-24k exp per hour.

44 - 47/48 Dustbelcher Ogres in the Badlands. Now here is a good spot, and it may be good on PvP as well. I camped this cave for 3 hours one Saturday without seeing another player. The cave is in the Southwest corner of the bladlands past a bunch of Ogres. The reason why I say the cave, is that it's about 75% Ogre Mages, and if you have spell disruption, they go down easy. Very low hp and low armor even after the patch. The only reason I left at 48 is I could clear the spawn too quickly, and I wanted to do Tanaris quests.

48-52 Dunemaul Ogres in Tanaris (great Mageweave drops). I like the NE ruins for the early levels, as I could move around it in a circle. Once I got to 50, I liked the higher density in the actual Dunemaul Compound area.

52-56 Western Plaugelands. The field with the Skeletal Slayers right by the Bulwark. Great Runecloth drops, and actually I prefered to kill the melees here over the casters (casters seemed to have the same HP and armor as melees). I've been pulling 26k exp per hour or better here.

6. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Grind Area [26]: Dragonmaw Encampment (Wetlands)
    - Grind Area [26]: Whelgar's Excavation Site (Wetlands)
    - Grind Area [28]: Rotting Orchard (Duskwood)
    - Grind Area [28]: Raven Hill Cemetary (Duskwood)
    - Grind Area [29]: Vul'Gol Ogre Mound (Duskwood)
    - Grind Area [31]: Kurzen Encampment [!NOTE!] (Stranglethorn Vale) -- [Test needed]
    - Grind Area [33]: Stranglethorn Raptors (Stranglethorn Vale)
    - Grind Area [33]: Growless Cave (Alterac Mountains)
    - Grind Area [34]: Gallow's Corner (Crushridge Ogres - Altarac Mountains)
    - Grind Area [36]: Venture Co. Base Camp (Lake Nazferiti - Stranglethorn Vale)
    - Grind Area [37]: Lashtail Raptors (Stranglethorn Vale)
    - Grind Area [37]: Water Elementals (Stranglethorn Vale)
    - Grind Area [37]: Theramore Coast (Dustwallow Marsh) - Turtle Scales & Leathers
    - Grind Area [39]: The spider cave north of Brackenwall (Swamp of Sorrows)
    - Grind Area [39]: Rock Elementals (Badlands)
    - Grind Area [39]: Elder Crag Coyotes (Badlands)
    - Grind Area [41]: Scalding Whelps (Badlands)
    - Grind Area [41]: Agmond's End (Badlands)
    - Grind Area [41]: Ziata'jai Ruins (Venture Co. Stuff, Stranglethorn Vale)
    - Grind Area [43]: Naga Explorers (Stranglethorn Vale)
    - Grind Area [43]: Wastewander Bandits (Tanaris)
    - Grind Area [44]: Isle of Dread (Feralas - Inside Cave; South of Feathermoon Stronghold)
    - Grind Area [45]: Feral Scar Vale (Feralas)
    - Happy Loot: 14slot bag! Cortello's Riddle quest, starts in one of the ships in Stranglethorn
    - Grind Area [47]: Undead in Western Ashzara (Azshara)
    - Grind Area [47]: Dunemaul Compound (Tanaris)
    - Grind Area [47]: Elementals/Golems around The Cauldron + N of it (Searing Gorge) - Elemental Leatherworking Supplies
    - Grind Area [49]: The Overlook Cliffs (The Hinterlands) - Turtle Scales & Rugged Leathers
    - Grind Area [50]: Deadwood Village (Felwood)
    - Grind Area [51]: Ruins of Eldarath (Azshara)
    - Grind Area [52]: Dreadmaul Rock (Firegut Ogres - Burning Steppes)
    - Grind Area [52]: Legash Encampment, Thalassian Base Camp, Ursolan (Azshara)
    - Grind Area [52]: Jaedenar (Felwood)
    - Grind Area [52]: Sorrow Hill (Western Plaguelands)
    - Grind Area [54]: Temple of Arkkoran (Azshara)
    - Grind Area [55]: Jadefire Run, Felpaw Village (Felwood)
    - Grind Area [56]: Northridge Lumber Camp (Western Plaguelands)
    - Grind Area [56]: Corin's Crossing (Eastern Plaguelands)
    - Grind Area [56]: The Pillar of Ash (Burning Steppes)
    - Grind Area [56]: Winterfall Village (Winterspring)
    - Grind Area [57]: Blackrock Stronghold (Burning Steppes) [NOTE]
    - Grind Area [57]: Ice Thistle Hills (Wintespring) - Rugged Leathers

Sorry for so much text, but it is a great guide. Enjoy! :)

7. DrStrangelove thread starter macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

8. DrStrangelove thread starter macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Hey, thanks, Josh! Looks like good stuff. I'll let you know how it works out.

Is that on a web page somewhere or is that your stuff?

9. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

I don't know where it originated, but someone posted it on our guild's website.

http://www.demonguard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=111

I've seen people go from 1-60 in 11 days with this method, so hopefully it will work out well for you.

Good luck!

10. DrStrangelove thread starter macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

My plan is to use it more as "good suggestions" than an actual guide. I'm not looking to blow throw stuff (yet- this is my first character) but I did think it would be a good way to see if I'm in the right areas and pretty much on track to where I should be for my level.

I love this game. It owns a piece of me.

11. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Yeah a nice aimed shot followed by a multi-shot usually takes care of any problems... :D

And thx for the link guys I'll have a look at it when I get home.